1.13

Chapter 13:
JACKET

Amidst the celebration, the chilly night air began to take its toll on Jinae

Amidst the celebration, the chilly night air began to take its toll on Jinae. Jaehyun noticed her shivering and without a word, he took off his black leather jacket and draped it over her shoulders. The warmth of the coat enveloped her, and she looked at Jaehyun with gratitude.

"Thank you," she said softly, touched by his gesture.

Mark noticed the exchange and raised an eyebrow. "Where did you get that coat?" he asked Jinae.

Jinae's cheeks flushed as she tried to find an explanation. "Oh, uh, Jaehyun lent it to me. I was feeling a bit cold," she replied, hoping Mark wouldn't read too much into it.

Mark nodded, seemingly satisfied with her answer. "Alright, just making sure you're not stealing someone's coat," he said with a chuckle. (he's such a weirdo)

"No, of course not," Jinae replied, trying to sound nonchalant, though her heart still fluttered from Jaehyun's act of kindness.

They continued to enjoy the party, dancing and laughing together. Jaehyun and Jinae's connection grew stronger as they spent more time together, their conversations flowing effortlessly as if they had known each other for years.

As the night drew to a close, the trio decided to call it a night and head home. Mark, still basking in the glory of his victory, said, "Tonight was amazing, wasn't it?"

Jinae nodded, unable to wipe the smile off her face. "It really was. I'm so proud of you, Mark. Thanks for this."

Mark grinned, appreciating his sister's support. "You're welcome, Jinae. None of this would have been possible without you cheering me on."

As they walked towards the parking lot, Jinae noticed Jaehyun trailing a few steps behind. "Are you coming with us?" she asked, hoping he would say yes.

Jaehyun hesitated, then replied, "I should head home. But I had a great time tonight."

Jinae's heart sank a little, not wanting the night to end just yet. "Well, thank you for everything. It was a memorable night."

Jaehyun smiled warmly, his eyes lingering on her. "It was my pleasure. I'll see you again soon, Jinae."

As they parted ways, Jinae couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and sadness. She watched Jaehyun disappear into the night, his mysterious aura leaving her wanting more.

Back in the car, Mark couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. "So, what's the deal with you and Jaehyun?" he asked with a knowing smile.

Jinae blushed, trying to hide her feelings. "There's nothing... He just asked me to be his girlfriend, that's all."

Mark chuckled, not entirely convinced. "THAT'S ALL?! He seemed pretty taken with you. And you are wearing his coat," he teased.

Jinae's blush deepened, and she playfully swatted at her brother. "Oh shit I forgot I am. Ugh, I'll have to return it the next time I see him."

Mark raised an eyebrow, but he didn't press further. "I know I said to be careful but I can see that there's something there," he said knowingly, "Let's hope it stays that way..."

As they drove home, Jinae couldn't stop thinking about what Mark said and Jaehyun's confession.