❪ 014 ❫ 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙝𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙞𝙚?

014. KINKS OR HUGHIE?

✎ S1E5 ⇢ ˗ˏˋ PART 2 , 2019

|"GOOD FOR THE SOUL"
     Dean knew who the voice belonged to. Both walk to Homelander, Hughie with trembling hands and Dean with a calm heartbeat. "Right? You're Starlights friend. She got you in here." Homelander insits, handing Hughie a drink.

"Yeah." Hughie says. He was scared...he didn't know what to do.

Homelander laughs. "There you go. And- is that my brother?" Homelander could see through the clothing Dean put on that prevented people from knowing who he is. Homelander takes a sip with his back straight. His cape not moving whilst staring at Dean with pure interest. "Surprised to see you here...how do you know Hughie?"

"I-" There's no point in lying, Homelander will probably just fight him again. Dean coughs and takes off his hat. "What? Surprised that I have friends?"

"No, no. It's good you have friends, just-" Homelander tilts his head and examines Hughie. He just smiles and extends his hand. "Nothing, any friend of Dean's is a friend of mine. good to meet you pal."

Dean patted Hughie back when he didn't respond to Homelander. The touch from him made Hughie bounce back to reality. "Good to me you too."

"How do you know Starlight or better yet my brother?" Homelander clasps his hands together behind his back.

"I met your brother- Rebound," Hughie was interrupted by Homelander, who make a pft sound.

"Please, just call him Dean. He hates the supe name anyway."

Hughie looks at Dean with a terrified look. Dean pats his shoulder in comfort. "It's fine whatever you call me."

"Okay, well I met Dean at a store and we got to know eachother then," Homelander just hums. "And Starlight, we met, um, like, a few weeks ago, actually."

"Really?" Dean rubs his shoulder as they continued to talk.

"Yeah." Hughie affirms.

"And she got you in here?" Homelander asks with suspicion.

"Yeah, I guess she did."

"Oh, this is a pricey ticket, Hughie." Pure silence was was between them.

"He must be a special guy, Dean." Dean hears Homelander form his hands into a fist behind his back from the friction of the gloves moving against eachother. Homelander gave him a eerie smile.

Dean just runs his fingers through his hair. "Sure, I guess."

Hughie nonchalantly waves his hand. "I-- no. No, I'm not...I just feel lucky to be here. Really."