"Ok then" she gave me a weird look. "Just give me a minute" she said beforedissappeared out the curtains.

I took my phone out my purse to pass time by scrolling on instagram. Just the usual reels and posts i'd see everyday on my timeline, but I stopped when I came across Ayo's most recent post. It was of him hugging Lydia from behind with his hands on her exposed belly. His caption also made me laugh to myself.

Finally getting my mini me

"What you laughing at" A voice threw me out my thoughts.

I looked up to see Delano holding a cup of water. "Here" he gestured for me to take it.

I took the cup from him and took a sip.

He then proceeded to take a seat beside me and stretched his arms along the top of the couch.

"Sorry I had some things I had to deal with. So how you liking the place?" he asked me.

"It's nice its definitely giving me a rich and classy kind of vibe."

"Yeah that's what I was going for. Actually my sister helped me designed this club. She's an interior designer "

"That's cool." I nodded my head couple times.  "Is she the girl that we met out at the front?"

"Oh hell no" He chuckled. "Nylah's one of my bartender's and one of my close friends."

"Is that the reason why she calls you Genie or..."

"Kinda, Genie was my nickname they'd call me back in The Bronx"

"Ok ok" I nodded my head following along.

"So what about you" he looked me up and down licking his lips.

"What about me?" I looked at him confused

"Tell me about yourself" he raised an eyebrow giving me a weird funny look.

"Oh"

I hated that question so much

"|Well...I grew up in Bevery Hills most of my life and I recently moved down here about a year and a half ago. I have one younger she just graduated highschool... and I think that's it I can't really think of anything else."

"Really that's it? So you don't have have any hobbies or interests?."

"Well yeah I did before my mom–" I stopped myself because that was too soon to talk about. "Not anymore I mostly just work right now and take care of my lil sister."

"That's good taking care of your lil sister. "Mine can't even buy me some food all she does is spend my money." Delano shook his head.

I chuckled and took a sip of water.

"So you dating anyone right now?" he asked and I almost chocked on my water.

That was kinda sudden

"No not for now to be honest  kinda taking a break from relationships right now"

Especially when I haven't fully moved on yet from Ayo

"Ok good"

"Are you dating anyone?" I asked him a lil curious myself

"Man I tried and none of them worked out." Delano smacked his lips. " Girls don't understand that guys aren't only attracted to their looks. It's like I'm thinking for two brains at once and I can't bother with that"

"Yeah I feel you"

"But lemme stop wasting time and get into business. So I want you to pretend were doing a job interview right now for this club"

"I never said I'd do an interview " I side eyed him.

"What's wrong with doing an interview for me"

"I'm not interesting in working at a Strip Club"

"Why not. You telling me you haven't seen naked women bodies before" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'M not interested in showing off my body" I pointed at myself.

Delano busted out laughing turning his head away from me while I'm looking at him confused at

"You think I'm really that stupid based on how you present yourself I already knew. I'm talking about being an assistant type thing." amusement clear in his eyes.

Oohhh 

I couldn't lie I felt like digging my grave right about now.

"Oh... well then that sound's more like me. I'm in"

————————————