'I wish she was in grave danger.' Barty muttered.

Umbridge, humming and smiling to herself, entered her classroom instructing 'wands away'.

'Ugh of course they are.' Remus said in annoyance, 'how is anyone supposed to learn anything?'

Alyssa nudged Seamus who'd gotten his wand out hopefully.
'Told ya.'
'Shut up.' He grumbled.
'As we finished chapter one last lesson. I would like you to all turn to page nineteen today and commence "chapter two: common defensive theories and their derivation". There will be no need to talk.'

'Okay I'm a slow reader, but an hour per chapter?' Evan exclaimed in disbelief.
'Believe me, those are long chapters.' Alyssa shuddered at the thought.

It took all of five seconds for Hermione to raise her hand causing Umbridge to walk right up to her desk bending down so they were face to face.

Marlene grinned,
'Oh this looks interesting.'

'What is it this time, Miss Granger?'
'I've already read chapter two.'
'Well then, proceed to chapter three.'
'I've read that too. I've read the whole book.'

'I don't know whether to be impressed or terrified.' Frank frowned.
'I'm impressed.' Lily said with a grin.

Umbridge looked surprised but quickly fixed her composure,
'Well, then, you should be able to tell me what Slinkhard says about counter-jinxes in Chapter Fifteen.'
'He says that counter-jinxes are improperly named,' said Hermione
promptly. 'He says "counter-jinx" is just a name people give their jinxes when they want to make them sound more acceptable.'
Professor Umbridge raised her eyebrows,impressed, against her will.

'Damn I love seeing that bitch getting humbled.' Barty laughed.
'I wish I had that girls' memory.' Bella said impressed, 'I swear everything I read goes in one ear and out the other.'

'But I disagree,' Hermione continued.

'Oh dear.' Remus groaned.

Professor Umbridge's eyebrows rose a little higher and her gaze became distinctly colder.
'You disagree?' she repeated.
'Yes, I do,' said Hermione, who, unlike Umbridge, was not whispering, but speaking in a clear, carrying voice that had by now attracted the attention of the rest of the class.

'Lyss, I love your sister.' Marlene laughed making Alyssa grin.

'Mr Slinkhard doesn't like jinxes, does he? But I think they can be very useful when they're used defensively.'

'Or just for fun.' James shrugged.
'Well I'm not surprised you'd feel that way.' Lily said in pointed annoyance, 'It's clear that you love jinxing people, defensive or not.'
'Deserved that one mate.' Sirius sniggered getting himself an icy glare from Lily.

'Oh, you do, do you?' said Professor Umbridge, forgetting to whisper and straightening up. 'Well, I'm afraid it is Mr Slinkhard's opinion, and not yours, that matters within this classroom, Miss
Granger.'
'But -' Hermione began.
That is enough; said Professor Umbridge. She walked back to the front of the class annoyed.
'Miss Granger, I am going to take five points from Gryffindor house.'

'What? Why? She just didn't agree with the book?!' Regulus objected.
'Ugh this is such bullshit.' Evan groaned.

There was an outbreak of muttering at this.
'What for?' said Harry angrily.
'Don't you get involved!' Hermione whispered urgently to him.

'Nah please get involved.' James grinned.
'No, don't get involved, unless he wants another scar on his hand.' Lily pointed out.

'For disrupting my class with pointless interruptions. I am here to teach you using a Ministry-approved method that does not include inviting students to give their opinions on matters about which they understand very little.'
'You can't deduct points for having an opinion.' Alyssa said in disbelief, 'all she said was that she disagreed, what's wrong with that?'
'Do you want points deducted too, Miss Granger?' She asked in a clipped tone causing Alyssa to shut up, a glare on her face, 'Your previous teachers in this subject may have allowed you more licence, but as none of them - with the possible exception of Professor Quirrell, who did at least appear to have restricted himself to age-appropriate subjects - would have passed a Ministry inspection.'