5.5

'Harry?'
Harry was lying in a bed in the hospital wing.
'I saw my dad.'
'What?'
'Um Harry.'
'He sent the dementors away.'

James puffed his chest out proudly making Lily roll her eyes.

'Listen, Harry, they've captured Sirius.'
'Any minute, the dementors are going to perform the kiss.'

'WHAT?!' Sirius screeched.

'You mean they're gonna kill him?!'
'No, it's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul.'

'Fucks sake.' Sirius groaned.

The doors to the hospital wing flung open, revealing Dumbledore.
'Headmaster, you've got to stop them! They've got the wrong man!'
'It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent!'
'It's Scabbers who did it.'
'Scabbers?'
'He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. Uh, well, he was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat. But then they gave him an owl, then I got...Point is, we know the truth.'
'His rat's an animagus!'
'Please believe us.'
'I do, Miss Granger. But I'm sorry to say the word of four 13-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless...'
Dumbledore repeatedly tapped Ron's leg, making him gasp and whimper.

'Ouch.' Even winced.

'...to those who have forgotten how to listen. Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And when meddled with...dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower.'
'What are you talking about, Headmaster?'

'Why's he always so cryptic?' Pandora rolled her eyes.

Harry and Alyssa looked confused while Hermione looked determined, when Dumbledore turned to them sharply.
'You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think. Oh, by the way...when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck.'

'Um what?' Evan said in confusion.
'I feel like I missed something.' Sirius nodded.
'Why is everything so confusing?' Marlene groaned.

'Excuse me?'
'What the bloody hell was that all about?'
'Sorry, Ron, but seeing as you can't walk...'
Hermione reached into her sweatshirt, taking her necklace and wrapping it around Harry, Alyssa and herself.

'Is that...what on earth is she doing with one of those?' Lily muttered.
'One of what?' Sirius whined in frustration, 'what is that thing?'
'Don't you read?'
'Yes, magazines and firework instructions...except that one time- haha, hey prongs, d'ya remember that?'
'Hard to forget it, my face was covered in soot for days, took ages to wash it out my luscious locks.'
'I think there might still be a bit there.' Marlene mused, reaching out to poke his hair making him yelp.
'WHAT?! Where? Oh my god oh my god- someone get me a mirror, have I been walking around for weeks with soot in my hair? Marleneene get it out.'
Remus rolled his eyes,
'She's messing with you prongs.'

Harry went to touch it but Hermione slapped his hand away.

James sniggered.

She turned the knob on the necklace three times.

'Hang on- is that...' Remus trialed off in shock.
'Is no one here capable of finishing their damn sentence?! WHAT IS THAT?!' Sirius raised his voice In annoyance.

Hermione let go and the hourglass necklace started to spin Harry and the twins staying in place, while the world around them started moving rapidly, everything reversing for a few seconds, as the darkness outside turned light. Everything stopped and Hermione took the necklace off the other two.