3.0

Twelve year old Harry Potter looked at the picture of him with his parents, and them with Ron, Alyssa and Hermione. Rattling and squealing was then heard drawing his attention.
'I can't let you out, Hedwig. I'm not allowed to use magic outside of school. Besides, if Uncle Vernon-'
'Harry Potter!'
'Now you've done it.'

'Thanks Merlin he's out of that cupboard.' James said in relief.
'After finding out about his home life from Hagrid, you'd imagine they would of taken custody from the Dursley's- don't you think?' Pandora pointed out with a slight frown.
'Oh yeah. Why didn't Dumbledore do anything about this?' Alice asked Alyssa.
'Watch and see and stop asking questions.'
Luna shook her head,
'It's quite horrible how Harry can't let poor Hedwig out.'
Regulus nodded in firm agreement.

Petunia put a dessert together when Harry opened the kitchen door, stopping as if waiting for permission to enter.
'He's in there. Vernon...'

'I'm warning you. If you can't control that bloody bird, it'll have to go.'
'But she's bored. If I could only let her out for...an hour or two.'
'So you can send secret messages to your freaky little friends? No, sir.'
'But I haven't had any messages. From any of my friends. Not one. All summer.'

They all turned to Alyssa in shock.
'You didn't write to Harry all summer?' Lily said in annoyance and disbelief. Alyssa sighed,
'Just watch the bloody thing and you'll know!'

'Who would want to be friends with you?' Dursley exclaimed in disgust.

'Who wouldn't?' Sirius retorted and James nodded in agreement.
'I agree, after all he is my son.'
This caused everyone to roll there eyes at his arrogance.

'I should think you'd be a little more grateful. We've raised you since you were a baby, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts.'

Marlene scowled angrily,
'Second bedroom? Dudley had two bedrooms...and he had to sleep in a cupboard under the stairs? What the actual fuck?!'
Alyssa muttered to herself,
'That's a very good question.'

'Not now, bobbins. It's for when the Masons arrive.'
'Which should be any minute. Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?'
'In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home.'

'Are they actually being serious?' Bella said scornfully.

'Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?'
'I'll be waiting to open the door.'
'Excellent. And you?'
'I'll be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist.'

Most people looked down sadly at this whilst James looked positively seething.

'Too right, you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you will not mess it up.'

Harry subtly glared at them, before going upstairs to his room.

'Mr. and Mrs. Mason, welcome...'
Harry opened bedroom door, stopping when he heard laughter.
A house elf was then shown jumping on his bed, before turning to him.

They all stared in shock.
'Whatever's on earth is a house elf doing in your bedroom?' Remus frowned.
Alyssa and Luna stared at him sadly, remembering his sacrifice.

'Harry Potter...such an honor it is.'

'Who are you?'
'Dobby, sir. Dobby the house-elf.'
'Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for me to have a house-elf in my bedroom.'
'Oh, yes, sir, Dobby understands. It's just that Dobby has come to tell you... It is difficult, sir. Dobby wonders where to begin.'
'Why don't you sit down?'