4.3

Harry and Ron stood in front of Dumbledore in his office.

'Hey! Dumbledore's back!' Sirius exclaimed excitedly.
'Where are you?' Andy asked Alyssa.
'Hospital wing. Remember, I was unconscious.'

'You two realise, of course...that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules.'
'Yes, sir.'
'And there is sufficient evidence to have both of you expelled.'

'Expel them? After they saved Ginny's life and killed a basilisk?' James scoffed in disbelief.
'I mean...justice for the basilisk- it didn't know what it was doing, it was just listening to Riddle, and then when it was blinded, Riddle didn't even care- he didn't even ask if it was okay.' Alyssa pointed out.
'It's a snake.' Regulus deadpanned.
'Your point?'

'Yes, sir.'
'Therefore...it is only fitting...that you two- and of course Miss Granger- receive...Special Awards for Services to the School.'
They looked at each other excitedly.

'Yay!'
'You deserve it after saving Ginny's life.' Lily nodded.

'Thanks, sir.'
'And now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. I believe we want our gamekeeper back.'

Almost everyone cheered happily.

'Harry... First, I want to thank you. You must have shown me real loyalty down in the Chamber. Nothing but that could have called Fawkes to you. And second...I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right, Harry?'
'It's just - You see, sir, I-I couldn't help but notice certain things...Certain similarities between Tom Riddle and I.'

'I see. Well, you can speak Parseltongue, Harry. Why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue.'

'Where's he going with this?' Xeno frowned.
'Why would v-Voldemort speaking parseltongue mean Harry could too?'
Everyone looked shocked that Lily said his name and she shrugged,
'I realised Alyssa was right. If we don't call him by his name then we're doing exactly what he wants us to do.'
'Exactly Lils! Welcome to the club of those who aren't scared of Voldy.' Alyssa grinned.
'Well, not being scared is a stretch but sure.'

'If I'm not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers to you the night he gave you that scar.'

'Um excuse moi?' Marlene blinked in confusion.
'He did what now?' Barty asked.

'Voldemort transferred some of his powers to me?'
'Uh-huh. Not intentionally, but yes.'
'So the Sorting Hat was right. I should be in Slytherin.'
'It's true, Harry. You possess many of the qualities that Voldemort himself prizes. Determination, resourcefulness, and if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules.'

'You can say that again.'
'Think he may of gotten that from his dad.' Sirius smirked making James smirk proudly.

'Why, then, did the Sorting Hat place you in Gryffindor?'
'Because I asked it to.'
'Exactly, Harry. Exactly. Which makes you different from Voldemort. It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices.'

'Damn, again with the iconic quotes- he should genuinely have a quotes book.' Marlene said and Sirius nodded,
'Yes! Once this is over, we should write out a Dumbledore quote book.'
'Omg yasss!'

'Or maybe we should kill Voldemort.' Regulus rolled his eyes making Luna and Alyssa grin at him saying his name.

'If you want proof you belong in Gryffindor, then I suggest you look more closely at this.'
Dumbledore held up the sword Harry summoned, Harry taking it by the blade.