Chapter 12: Muscle Mommy

Começar do início

I was on the other end of the table helping Ghislaine. She decided it was an appropriate time to bring up a story, I imagine there is some meaning behind it.

"Hm... There was once a time when I thought I could live on my sword alone." She starts off, she looks toward Rudy, and then me, "I was once in a 6-member party of Adventurers with your guys' father."

"Whoa, were you really?!" Rudy asked with a shocked expression.

"Ooooh, is this a story about your Adventures?!" Eris asked, her eyes twinkling as her interest was piqued. Ghislaine nodded.

"You guys must have been strong as heck," I stated crossing my arms.

Ghislaine nods once more with a small smirk, "Yes." Her expression relaxed "We went our separate ways when Paul and Zenith were wed. I went on alone, trying my hand at exploring labyrinth-esque caves to gather materials."

I let out a sigh, thinking there was a deeper significance to this story, but I'm starting to realize Ghislaine is kind of a ditsy woman

I let out a sigh, thinking there was a deeper significance to this story, but I'm starting to realize Ghislaine is kind of a ditsy woman. She means well. I guess if she knew how to calculate her intake needed she could have stretched the food out longer.

"That's it?" Eris asked raising a confused brow.

Anyway, I continued on the lesson. That story somehow caused Eris to focus more.

Walking up to a chalkboard we had in the middle of the room, I wrote down a simple equation for Ghislaine and Eris to do. I was pointing at the board we were using, on there was the question at hand: 2x8=?.

"What is the answer?" I asked looking at Ghislaine and Eris.

Ghislaine, her face turned toward the board with her eyes focused intently, does some quick mental math and raises her hand. "16," she says confidently with a grin, her long hair falling down behind her on her back.

Eris, on the other hand, pouts and crosses her arms, as if insulted when Ghislaine is able to answer the question better than her - however, she does put her hand up as well, albeit with a blush on her face and a less confident demeanor when she speaks, "Yeah, 16."