𝖝𝖎𝖎. the wild brunch

𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖝𝖎𝖎

the wild brunch

Brunch was held the following week to welcome Rodolphus and Rabastan to the Black Family Summer Estate in Surrey.

To say Lyra was over the moon was an understatement. She would be surrounded by her brothers for the remainder of the summer after a prolonged strain in their relationship caused by their workaholic ways. Not only were they staying, but so was Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Lucius.

Such an amount of people in one house, despite the house in question being a sprawling countryside manor, meant that Sirius had no opportunities to ambush the Lestrange girl. Between her brothers, her sister-in-laws, and Regulus, her time was spread thin.

Until it came to family affairs - those were a different story. Everyone was present for every meal; a minimum of three times a day they would all get together, eat, and talk. Staying true to himself, Sirius would hardly ever speak, although he had taken up a new past-time as opposed to staring blankly at his plate: staring at Lyra.

His gaze was suffocating. The brunette found it difficult to function whilst being watched the entire time. She'd be aware of how her mouth moved when she spoke, and the position of her elbows as she ate, until suddenly her cheeks would be heating up in embarrassment and Regulus would wonder why she was so flushed.

Today's brunch was no exception.

They were sat in the conservatory around a circular white oak table. The usual bouquets of floral arrangements had been replaced with jugs of drinks in an effort to cool down from the warm summer rays beaming down through the glass windows and walls. Rather than full meals, there were grazing platters over-flowing with finger food, each one as grand as the next.

Lyra bit into a strawberry; the sour tang spurted over her tongue, past her pink lips, so her tongue darted out to salvage the perfection that was her makeup. Sirius' enticing grey eyes watched it all happen, and he couldn't help the tightness that tented in his trousers.