𝖎𝖎. gentleman callers

𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖎

gentleman callers

The drawing room of the Lestrange Manor was by far the most impressive room throughout the ornate estate.

The ceilings were as high as the heavens, dyed a deep emerald shade with serpent-embossed vaults. There were onyx pillars dotted throughout the room, the same onyx shade as the grand fireplace. Above the large logs of wood hung an ornate silver mirror, in which the hundreds of lavish candlesticks could be seen. Vast windows framed by velvet curtains covered each wall, allowing the sun to glaze the forest leather lounges and bronze-entwined carpet.

Between the footrests and armchairs was a handsome mahogany coffee table. Any other day it would've held a china cup of tea, and maybe a magazine or two. However, by the dawn of an early July morning, it was laden with bouquets of flowers and gifts galore. In fact, the drawing room was positively drowning in them.

One of the side tables was teetering with a Goblin-made tableware set courtesy of Maverick Flint. Two shelves in the room were overflowing with jewelry boxes from both Atlas Parkinson and Callisto Rowle who had almost nearly gotten into a duel over the ideal emerald shade. Three buttoned pouffes had been covered by stacks of gift boxes containing perfumes, sweets, and dresses, all from Rowan Travers, Argo Yaxley, and Theseus Nott.

There was not a lack of gentleman callers, to say the least.

It wasn't even nine o'clock when a third of the pure-blood bachelors in Britain were crowding around the iron-wrought gates of Lestrange Manor. By midday, those approved of by Rodolphus and Rabastan were given the chance to charm Lyra, although none of them managed leave a lasting impression.