𝖛𝖎𝖎. goofy gryffindors

𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖎

goofy gryffindors

Much like Diagon Alley, the people on Platform Nine and Three-Quarters were packed together like sardines in a can.

The scarlet steam engine was there as always; it breathed a smoke that drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every colour wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted at each other nervously over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

The first few carriages were already filled to the brim with students, some hanging out of the windows to talk to their families, and some fighting over seats. Thankfully for a certain group of Slytherins, there was a reserved compartment awaiting them that no one dared to touch in fear of a Leg-Locker Curse.

Naturally, Lyra had arrived with the Blacks, excluding Sirius. He had an explosive argument with Orion which left him having to find his own way to the train station, although he didn't seem too bothered by the fact — it wasn't the first time.

In his place was Rodolphus, who she had hardly seen over the summer. An odd sort of dynamic had overtaken their family; her two brothers were never together anymore. If she was with Rabastan, then Rodolphus was absent, and vice versa.

While she had brought up the oddity more than once, she was always dismissed with the same simple statement.

''We're busy with business, Lyra.''

The Lestrange girl hadn't even bothered inquiring about that part. Her brothers were firm believers that work was no place for a woman — their purpose was to keep their mouth shut and look pretty, and it was an expectation that they had done their best to wrangle their sister into, no matter how hard it proved to be as she got older.

Still, at least someone from her family was here now, and that was all that mattered.

Rodolphus pulled her aside as Walburga and Orion lectured Regulus about their expectations — not that they needed to. After all, he was their picture-perfect son.