𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. damsel in distress

𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔢 𝔦, 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎

damsel in distress

TW: MENTIONS OF PEDOPHILIA & ASSAULT

Lyra's next encounter with the Marauders was on the first Hogsmeade weekend visit of the school year.

It was a dark and cloudy afternoon in November. The sky was a swirling mass of stormy gray, thundering every few minutes; the little thatched cottages and shops were all pelted by vicious droplets of rain. Despite their rich fur overcoats and thick velvet robes, both Lyra and Narcissa were freezing to death. Thankfully, due to the Lestrange girl's quick thinking to use the Impervius Charm, they weren't soaked to the bone.

As the Malfoy woman chattered away about Bellatrix's long list of excuses as to why she had bailed on their plans, the brunette's mind was elsewhere. Particularly, Severus' comment at the start of the year.

Since that moment, she had become hyper-aware of Sirius stare at all times. More often than not, the weight of his grey irises fell heavy on her skin and caused her stomach to do an odd sort of twist. It was a weird feeling; she couldn't quite discern how his sudden attention made her feel, yet she wasn't sure she should.

After all, she was engaged to Regulus — his brother.

Despite being in two separate year groups, the pair were closer than ever. Whether it was breakfast or dinner, or sometimes even in between classes, wherever Lyra was, you could bet that the younger Black boy was right by her side.

Of course, she didn't mind his company; he had proved to be good to talk to, and someone she would consider her closest friend. Although friendship wasn't what was in store for them (at least in Walburga's opinion, anyway) anything even remotely romantic was shied away from by both parties; Amycus' crude jokes make them cringe, and any physical contact beyond a hug was highly unfavourable.