𝟏𝟎 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘖𝘧 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦

AN: NO TRIGGER WARNINGS! Ahh, I love this chapter

[Treat You Better - Shawn Mendes]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Isabella's POV

The door to the cabin opens, revealing James. He awkwardly walks into the room, allowing the others to follow him. Two girls and two men walk in behind him. One of them stands taller than the other girl, her hair a mixture of red and blonde. Not as blonde as mine, but still vibrant. She walked into the room, excluding confidence. I wish I could be like that.

The next girl is slightly shorter, her hair a deep red and long. She wears a wide smile on her face and wears it beautifully. She walks over to me and hugs me, not too tightly and not too forceful. It's the perfect mixture of friendly and comforting.

The next man is tall, dark and handsome. He stands awkwardly in the corner of the room, his arms crossed over his chest. It's not to intimidate me, I can tell, but he's assessing the situation. It's obvious that everyone here knows that I'm the runaway princess and is being careful. I don't blame them. They can all go down by association.

Lastly, the tallest of them all and clearly the closest to James is a muscle with blonde hair. His eyes and smile are warming. His presence, for some reason, makes me feel comfortable. He doesn't try to hug me or kiss my hand. Instead, he speaks first.

"Hello there, my name is Steven. But you can call me Steve." He smiles. "This is Sam, Wanda, and Natasha."

"Hello," Wanda beams.

"Hi," Natasha walks over. "You can call me Nat."

"Hello there." Sam waves.

"Hi," I awkwardly stand there. "Please call me Bella. Isabella sounds formal and I defiantly don't want to be called princess."

"Oh, that's fine." Wanda wraps her arm around mine. "We'll be the best of friends. From what I heard, you have a lot in common with Nat, and-"

"Wanda," James stops her rambling. "Please don't scare her."

"I'm not scaring her." She turns to me. "I'm not scaring you, am I?"

"Uh, a little." I stutter.

"See," James walks over, peeling Wanda off my arm. "New rule, no one rambles too much. And no mention of the p-word."

"What, peni-." Sam tries to say.

"Princess." James glares.

We all move to sit on the chairs in the living room, the fire blazing in the pit against the wall. Wanda had brought a bag of food, which we all share. It's nice to have people to talk to. I've never had friends. I've been cooped up in the castle my entire life, and when people were brought into my life, they left as quickly as they came. I eventually gave up trying to socialize with people. There was no point when it would only cause me heartbreak. Which is why I was surprised I jumped in so quickly to befriending James. And why I'm shocked that I'm not having heart palpitations as I speak with his friends. Usually, conversation makes my chest hurt. But this feels easy. It feels good. It feels like it could be my new normal.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT