𝟎𝟗 𝘈𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴

AN: No trigger warnings are needed here

[Wonder - Shawn Mendes]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Isabella's POV

It feels like every step I take, I'm getting closer to getting caught. We're back in the village again, but this time, James is certain that the guards are currently searching Rumlow's castle where they think I'm either hiding out or being held. Either way, the village is somewhat safe, so James brought me here to go to the market. He brought a small leather bag full of coins so we could buy some food and items. I've never been able to enjoy the atmosphere of the village, every time I'm here, I feel like I have a target on my back. All eyes are on me, even though they may not be. Today is no different.

Standing in front of a stall, James buys me some fruit, which we eat as we walk to another stall. People sizzle around us, going about their day-to-day lives. I feel envious of them. I wish I wasn't born into such a secure and locked-up life. People down here wish they were a prince or princess, and a part of me feels grateful that I was born into money as it was a luxury to never have to worry about it, but it has its disadvantages. I've never felt free. But, the longer I stay with James, the closer I feel to freedom. And, it's the best feeling.

We continue to buy more things to bring back to his cabin, such as more food, some clothes, and small nicknacks. As we make it to the last stall in the lineup, James grabs my hand as it is a larger stall than the others. Flowers from the fields have been picked and prepped into a collection of colours. James stops at a bouquet of bright, light flowers, examining them.

"May we have these ones, please ma'am?" James points to the bouquet.

The lady grabs the bouquet, prepping it for purchase. When James buys it, he passes me the flowers and places a kiss on my cheek. I can't stop the blush on my cheeks that rises. He smiles at the sight and pulls me to another stall with his hold on my hand. We continue shopping, buying more things for his cabin. He even buys some gifts for his friends that I have yet to meet. Some for males and others for females. He's told me about his friends, and a part of me is scared to meet them. But, I want to. I want to be a part of James' life, and if that means facing my fears and meeting his friends, then so be it. I'll just have to face my fears. I've been doing that a lot lately.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT