𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐩 (𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐅: 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬)

Começar do início

I press my push to start and immediately Remy Ma- Conceited starts blasting through the speakers

See I look to good for this necklace
And I look to good to be wearing this
You know, I look way too good to be innocent
I'm conceited I got a reason

I can't keep a straight face because how weird for this song to play when I'm having a moment like it. Like a magical sign from my best friends.

In a lighter mood, I turn the volume up and start rapping along as I pull off.

Doesn't take long for me to pull into the garage of the apartment buildings. Making sure I have my keys, wallet and phone, I decide to walk to the corner store for snacks.

A bitch is going to eat her sorrows away. I don't know what it is about Ben and Jerry's that suck up tears but that shit is magical.

What isn't magical, is me forgetting my earphones to block out the bums standing outside the store.

"I got a quarter for 20"

"No thanks" I mumble as I try to quickly head inside

"You fine as fuck, ma"

I look at the boy in disgust. Jeans hanging off his ass, yellow-white briefs with stains, ashy ass knuckles to match those crusty ass lips of his with slight drool on the side of his mouth. Lint in that cruddy no longer a temp fade and eye boogers.

Niggas and their fucking audacity

I quickly open the door and enter without saying a word. I know it's been a year since I've been with anyone but damn. Do I look that approachable for someone like him to try it?

I mean I don't hold my nose in the air with an aura like I'm better than everyone but I also will not stoop so low to fuck with the bottom of the barrel

Gathering my snacks, making sure to grab something for Mika and Nemo, I pay and speed walk back to the apartment.

"Honey, I'm home" I yell as I enter the apartment. Tamika peeps her head out the kitchen

"Those better be groceries"

In this little ass bag?

"We don't have food?" I ask skeptically. I could have sworn we just went to the market. Mika shakes her head

"Y'all keep playing and we gon be in this bitch eating air"

I smack my lips obnoxiously and look at the bag in my hand

"So you don't want what I brought you?" I shrug and turn around. "Bet. Imma go return this-"

"Saint, get ya ass in here"

Picking with her is so fun. I'm sure on most days she feels like knocking my head into the wall but she loves me and that's what matters.

I skip into the kitchen and lay all the snacks on the counter before grabbing the flaming hot cheetos and sitting on the couch.

I grab the Roku remote and turn on Tubi. I don't know what it is about these trash Detroit movies that I love so much but sometimes you gotta consume things so outta pocket that it makes you feel good.

I turn on My Side Piece Won the Lotto starring Momma Dee and munch on my chips.

The door opens and Denym comes in looking tired as hell

"Nemoooooo"

"Peachessssssss"

I suck my teeth and throw a cheeto at her. They know I hate that damn nickname. One night we all sat down and watched A Low Down Dirty Shame, they say the character Peaches and I have similar antics. With both Jada and I being from Baltimore, it made sense to them and they've been teasing me about it ever since.