Mrs. Black

Seeing Harry off for another school year after spending (and rather expensive) summer had always been tough.

But, knowing that Harry had Hermione and Ron eased Jayce just a little bit. After seeing them grow together for more than three years, she knew she had nothing to worry about.

Well, not really.

Trouble followed Harry.

And with mostly everyone leaving for their missions, Harry wouldn't have a lot of guidance like he did previously. That worried Jayce.

Countless nights of Sirius trying to convince her that Harry would be okay weren't enough.

After finally and properly communicating with each other, Jayce and Sirius decided to keep their relationship on the down low. But, given the thin walls in the Selwyn Estate and the supposedly secret kisses that weren't necessarily very secretive, it didn't take the others long to figure out what was happening.

Regardless, Harry was still their top priority, and worrying about him took up most of their time.

So when Hermione came up to her and mentioned something about the Triwizard Tournament happening again.

Knowing that the Tournament was something that happened every five years, Jayce could only feel thankful that they increased the age limit this year because that meant Harry couldn't participate. She didn't want him participating in something that dangerous when she wasn't around.

"You know Harry wouldn't dare put his name in, right?" Remus's voice snapped Jayce out of her thoughts.

"Was I that obvious?" Jayce sheepishly grinned.

"The color from your face drained as soon as Hermione mentioned the tournament, I could tell." Remus nodded.

"I'm just worried," Jayce admitted, her eyes landing on her godson, who was occupied in a light conversation with Sirius.

"Harry will be alright," Remus assured her. "He's got Sirius and as much as I hate to admit it, he's also got Severus."

"I know." Jayce solemnly nodded. "I just wish everything was normal so we could be a normal, happy family."

"Your time will come." Remus wrapped an arm around her, giving her shoulders a light squeeze.

"I just don't want him to do anything reckless especially since I'll be gone," Jayce added, resting her head on Remus's shoulder.

Remus opened his mouth to ease her distress, but a different voice spoke up instead.

"He won't do anything reckless." Hermione, who had heard Jayce's thoughts, jumped in. "He knows your absence won't just impact him, so he knows to be careful."

"Oh, you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that." Jayce heaved a sigh as she turned to Hermione.

Remus chimed in, "Harry's resilient, Jayce. He's faced Riddle before, magical creatures, and countless challenges. He's learned from the best— Sirius and you."

Hermione nodded in agreement. "And he's got us, too. Ron and I, we're here for him. We've faced dangers together, and we'll continue to do so, if it is demanded."

Jayce's eyes softened as she looked at Hermione. "You've become such a strong and caring young woman, Hermione. Harry is fortunate to have you by his side."

Hermione blushed but responded earnestly, "We're fortunate to have each other. And we're not kids anymore, Jayce. We can handle ourselves and watch out for Harry. He won't be alone."