Green Is Many Things And Envy Is Just One

"It's that time of the month."

Sirius blinked confusedly, loosening his grip on Jayce's waist as she slid down.

"Merlin's bear, Jayce, you're a fucking werewolf too? It's not even the full moon yet-"

"No, Sirius." Jayce rolled her eyes, the intimate feeling of being close to him long gone. "I'm on my period."

"Oh, you're menstruating?" Sirius tilted his head as Jayce got to her feet.

"Yeah." Jayce bit her lip, realizing that she might have just ruined what was going to be the best night in her life.

Sirius never had any sisters or prominent female figures in his life, so it was safe to say that he didn't know a lot about this kind of stuff. But, when Remus Lupin forced him, James, and Peter to educate themselves on the female body because according to him: "We are growing older and we are going to deal with girls, so it's better to be a gentleman than no man at all."

"That's fine." Sirius shrugged, his voice calm as his eyes met with hers again. "I hope you're not feeling guilty or anything because you shouldn't be as it's not your fault."

"Yeah, I-" Jayce rubbed the back of her neck, only to wince after feeling a stinging sensation there.

"Oh, uh-" Sirius bent forward to look at her neck, a red blush immediately returning to decorate his cheeks. The love bites that he had given her. "Sorry about that."

"I'm going to have to use some of that Muggle powder Lily always uses to cover those up-"

"Don't." Sirius interrupted her.

Jayce looked at him with confusion in her eyes. "Why not?"

"I want people to see them. The marks." He pointed towards her neck.

Jayce bit her lower lip, the familiar feeling of her stomach twisting returning as she muttered a small "Okay."

Sirius grinned, not a sensual one like earlier, but an adorable one.

He then placed his hands on the wall, hovering over Jayce again.

"Good girl." He bent down and placed his right arm around her waist and the other behind her knees before lifting her.

"What the fuck?" Jayce snapped out of her thoughts and glared at Sirius.

"You need to go to sleep. I can walk to my tower by myself." Jayce insisted.

Sirius smirked.

"I know very well that you're able to walk yourself to your dormitory, darling." He whispered. "But, you can relax now. Rely on me. I won't let you down. Quite literally at that." And with that, Sirius gently scooped Jayce into his arms, cradling her securely.

Jayce huffed but couldn't help the slight smile that tugged at the corners of her lips. "You really didn't have to do this, you know. I'm perfectly capable of walking."

"Indulge me," Sirius teased, his eyes sparkling. "Consider it a chivalrous gesture."

As they made their way through the corridors, Jayce couldn't help but enjoy the closeness.

"Chivalrous, huh? Since when did Sirius Black become a knight in shining armor?"

"Well, I figured I should add a touch of gallantry to my impressive list of qualities," Sirius replied with a grin. "But in all seriousness, Jayce, I wanted a moment alone with you. No prying eyes, no distractions."

Jayce's heartbeat quickened, and she looked up at Sirius with a curious expression.

"What did you want to talk about that required carrying me?"