I Wanna Make You Mine

"Can you believe it?" Jayce groaned.

"After hearing you complain about it a million times, I think so, yeah," Sirius grinned, rolling his eyes at the sight of Jayce completely wrapped up in thoughts of Quidditch.

"No, but seriously? Everything's fine now, they didn't have to postpone the Quidditch Cup to the second semester. What was the reason for doing that? What was the reason?"

Ever since the Cursed Vault incident, Jayce found herself spending more time with Sirius Black.

They often had meals together with their friends and walked to class together, always enveloped in some kind of conversation.

And, as always, everyone in Hogwarts was left confused. Going from mortal enemies to lovers to friends wasn't a very common trope.

"I'm sure Dumbledore has his reasons; why don't you just calm down-"

"Calm down? Sirius, you play it too; how can we simply be calm?" Jayce huffed.

"Because you're not the only one complaining about this," Sirius sighed wearily. "James has been at it since the day it was announced."

"And he has every right to do that. We've been practicing our heads off, and suddenly it's postponed?"

"It's no use talking about it now," Sirius said. "It's been decided; we're just gonna have to play next semester."

"I'm gonna talk to Dumbledore."

"These are the same words James said last night before getting smacked in the head by Remus's books by accident."

"Nonsense." Jayce waved Sirius away. "We're going to the Order thing right now, and Dumbledore's usually there-"

A gigantic arm smacked Jayce's head.

"Oh, dear, so sorry, Ms. Selwyn." Slughorn's eyes widened as he realized that he accidentally hit one of his favorite students.

Meanwhile, Sirius struggled to hold his laughter in as Jayce shot him an angry look before turning to Slughorn.

"It's alright, Professor." Jayce straightened her posture.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I am so sorry, dear girl." Slughorn repeated. "But, I am glad I bumped into you. You see, I have been meaning to talk to you for some time now."

"Ah, yes, what is it?" Jayce's voice immediately changed from whiny to professional within a matter of seconds, baffling Sirius.

"Well, it is a rather private matter, I'm afraid," Slughorn explained, discreetly gesturing to Sirius by her side.

"Oh." Jayce turned to Sirius. "Sirius, I'll be right back."

"Sure." Sirius shrugged. "I'll be somewhere over there." He pointed somewhere.

"Thanks." Jayce nodded at Sirius before turning back to Slughorn.

"I hope I didn't interrupt anything." Slughorn chuckled.

"No, we were just on our way to meet with Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore."

"Ah, for the Order, I presume?"

"Yeah. That." Jayce nodded.

"Well, in that case, I won't take up too much of your time. You see, you have always been and still are one of the best students when it comes to Potions. And I have realized that I have not given you an invitation to the Slug Club despite being your teacher for almost six years!" Slughorn exclaimed. "Perhaps it was because I noticed how busy you were with Quidditch. But, then I realized that you were going to graduate in less than two years, so I saw it fitting to invite you now."