"It's just a matter of who's lowest," I left unsaid.

He seemed to understand. The tall guy nodded gratefully, and we ended the discussion like that. All of us were ready to go home.

I held back a yawn as I walked to the bus stop. For some reason, Seungmin was following me. 

When I turned around to look at him, he smiled, "My cousin is at work."

"W-wait, guys." Hearing Ahyun's voice, both of us looked back. His fists were curled up as if mustering the courage to talk to us.

"Ahyun hyung?"

"D-do you want to go home with me? M-my parents came to pick me up..."

I nodded and thanked him. Considering the popularity of the program, getting on the bus would be difficult. I was going to call a taxi, but taxis were significantly more expensive.

Seon Ahyun took the lead excitedly and stopped in front of a foreign car. I had long guessed that he was rich based on his huge house, so I wasn't too surprised. Beside me, Seungmin didn't seem fazed either.

I followed Ahyun into the car and gave my greetings to his parents as politely as I could.

"Good evening. I'm Park Moondae. Nice to meet you."

"Hello, I'm Cho Seungmin. Thank you for offering this ride," the youngest also greeted.

"Oh, you children, hurry and get in. We heard so much about you~ Did our Ahyun do well this time too?"

"D-dad!"

The family atmosphere was quite harmonious.

"Yes, he's done well. You'll be surprised when you watch the show," I smirked, seeing Ahyun's face turn red.

I gave the address to my apartment once we figured that Seungmin lived closer to Ahyun than I did. 

Throughout the ride, I had to answer a few questions, but the ride was comfortable overall because of the nice parents. I even learned that Ahyun went to Europe to study and learn ballet.

When we got to the alley leading to my apartment, I got out of the car.

"Go home safely!" Ahyun's mom smiled.

"Yes, thank you."

"I-I'll call you!" Ahyun added.

"See you later, Moondae hyung."

Several more goodbyes took place until I finally got to walk away.

I stepped up the old stairs and corridors until I was near my door. I was ready to shower and fall asleep on my floor mattress, but my heart dropped.

The door was open.

I definitely double-locked it before I went out to the shooting.

"How did people even find where I live?"

Both unsettled and fearful, I tried to think it through. There's nothing important inside. I would bring the little clothes I had to film, and the apartment itself was barren, so I had nothing they could steal.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

I broke out in a cold sweat. The walls of the apartment were like paper sheets, so whoever was in my house definitely heard what happened.

I ran as fast as I could down the stairs and answered the call.

"M-moondae," Ahyun said, "do you have p-plans for dinner?"

"I haven't, but I can't think about that right now. Someone's breaking into my house," I whispered.

I guess I was put on speakerphone because I could hear Seungmin asking Ahyun's parents to turn around.

"I'll have to ask you to give me a ride to the police station," I whispered, this time quieter because I saw the head of a woman peeking out my apartment door. When she saw no one was in the hallway, she went back in and closed the door.

"Hyung." It was Seungmin's calm voice. "Don't call 112*. Let's deal with this quietly, if you're okay."

*Korean 911

I agreed and waited in the street I was dropped off at. Seon Ahyun and his parents were so bewildered that they sped to the police station, letting me proceed with the report immediately.

The police didn't seem very enthusiastic about my report, but they were dispatched anyways.

And after a little while, four women were brought to the station. They were rummaging through my house and packing up tableware. Apparently, there were several people who stalked me and found a way to pass the security of the sloppy apartment.

Even worse, the police didn't seem particularly inclined to arrest them.

"Hey, Moondae, can't you hear me?"

The four girls were trying to talk to me in mocking tones.

I rubbed my shoulders and refused to look in their direction. But then I felt Seungmin sit next to me. He leaned forward and turned to the girls. I could only see the back of his head, but by the look on their faces, I wouldn't be surprised if he was wording threats. They went pale and immediately shut up.

"Hey, Seungmin, don't say anything," I muttered. He could ruin his image when it was just barely recovering from a bullying accusation.

He tilted his head and smiled, though his eyes were scarily calm.

"I didn't say anything, Moondae hyung. Don't worry."

We were told that we could leave the station after that.

Ahyun's parents treated us to a nice restaurant. It turns out that Ahyun was calling to ask me to eat dinner together. So the five of us were eating some expensive meat. Despite feeling distressed, I silently chewed.

If I couldn't sleep well, I should at least eat well.

"Oh my god, there are so many scary people these days," his mother sighed.

His father agreed and asked, "Wouldn't it be better to contact your parents now?"

I debated what to say, and eventually, I just told them the truth.

"There...was an accident before. My parents are not here."

Tablewear clattered. Ahyun was so shocked that the chopsticks fell from his hand. His mother calmly brought the situation back to what mattered.

"Do you have any other adult to contact?"

"...No one in particular comes to mind."

I didn't know anyone because I wasn't actually 'Park Moondae.' There were no signs that he had a guardian. It didn't bother me because I also was an orphan, but I guess it was hard to hear for others.

When the mood of the table was starting to become suffocating, Seungmin spoke up.

"Hyung, do you want to stay at my place?"