CHAPTER 03

What the hell just happened?!

I was back again in my dad's office, sitting in the leather couch while reminiscing about the events that took earlier at the meeting. Never have I ever thought, I'd meeting the person who's constantly haunting me in my dreams in real life after that heart shattering incident. Closing my eyes, I replayed that particular part.

"I hope my presence was worthy enough for you, Miss. Young jae-sshi"

The way his name being called, the way he walkd inside the meeting room, the way he looked, the way he speak, the way he handled the entire meeting, the way he smirked (fuck that damn smirk off his face), the way he had that aura around him, seemed totally different from the person from my past memories.

I shiverd at the thought of how intimidated he looked, when shook hands with me. The way my name rolled off from his tongue, That familier warmth, which I used to love during the past days seemed more forbidden and wrong, as if it's lost the way it felt. And, the way his hand gripped mine a little firm, that feeling of his hand still lingered in my fingertips.

I felt stupid on how I didn't even know about the successful youngest business man of the Korea is my one and only ex. Maybe, If I already known that, there would be a day when he'll be appointed as the chairperson of the Jung enterprises, Maybe I would've prepared my heart for our dramatic reunion.

My train of thoughts were cut off when the door of the office clicked opened, followed by the sound of the footsteps of my father. By the time I look at him, he already took his seat beside me.

"You seem stressed about something, Young jae-ah." He said while ruffling my hair.

"No dad, it's just that..." I trailed off. "Do you belive that there's anyone besides me capable of handling the position of being CEO?" Uncertainty evident in my voice.

He let out a soft chuckle hearing my confusion. He retreat his hand which was caressing my hair and gantly kept it over my fidging hands and sofly caress it.

"I know what you are thinking about and I don't see why anyone besides you is capable of being the next CEO. You've been giving your maximum efforts and intelligent ideas for every project you've been assigned for which gave us a big successful bonds between the companies and of course earned us a lods of benifits. You are kind to the people you work with. You treat everyone equally without careing about their social status. Did you forget the way you found out during our last project, on how our partner company trying to cheat us by faking the sales documents, which saved us form a big downfall. The shareholders were so impressed by your potential. Even they also didn't object my decision when I told them about my suggestion to make you as the next CEO. Not only them, I also have faith and confidence in you that when I entrusted you with something, you'll do your best untill the end." He said with a soft smile.

I still stared at him with a frown between my brows, without uttering a word to him.

"I'm not rushing things. If you feel pressurized by my decision, feel free to inform me dear."

Heaving a soft sigh, I smiled at him.

"Ok dad, Just give me sometime to think about it."

"You can take time all you want. You know that, I'll respect your decision whatever it is, right?" He asked smiling at me.

"Yes dad, I know that." I said, while hugging him.

"That's my girl!" he chuckled softly, while giving me a small peck on my forehead.

Our little father-daughter time was cut short when we heared a knock from the door, asking for permission to enter the office. After my father's approval, the door to the office opened revealed his secretary Minseok, coming towards us, adjusting his glasses while clutching some document files.