7: FEIGN

***

"... and before we end this meeting, I'd like to thank Mr. King for having the time participate. His team's currently on a break but he was, still, able to find time and join us." The head of the finance department thanked King as the latter smiled at the camera.

'Damn it. I want to hang out with Uea but Rex really had to put me up to this...' King thought as he smiled, trying to hide how annoyed he was for having to stay at the hotel room while everyone left to drink.

Letting out a sigh, King leaned on the backrest as he stared at the blank ceiling as soon as the meeting ended.

'I'll have to make Uea leave you.'

Remembering Rex' words, King couldn't help but feel anxious. He's not sure what Rex is planning but it's obvious that he won't sit still while he's here.

King turned to the glass wall on his right and saw the bright lights from the bar not too far from the hotel.

"I should check on them." King decided before getting up and leaving to check on Uea.

Loud music could be heard from the entrance alone and somehow, King felt his heart beating fast. Was it caffeine or something else? King couldn't seem to understand.

Walking in, King was met with mixed scents but one stood out from everyone. In the middle of the dancefloor, Uea danced flawlessly as everyone's eyes were pinned on him.

King felt agitated. He has always admired Uea since day one but seeing how everybody's looking at him with those lustful gaze, he can't help but feel annoyed by it.

As King was about to step in, he saw a familiar man walk towards Uea and King found himself frozen the moment Uea had his arms on the latter. Uea looked at Rex with those same eyes he'd give King and it made King feel something he hadn't felt in a long time—jealousy.

King felt his chest tighten as if his heart was being gripped hard and the moment Rex kissed Uea, King lost it.

King's breathing went heavy as he felt irate at what he just saw. He knew the relationship he had with Uea was nothing but mere sex partners but seeing him being intimate with someone else, it hurt the hell out of King.

...

EARLIER THAT EVENING

After a whole day of playing and group activities, the team decided to head to a club for some drinks.

"Hey. You okay?" Jade asked Uea as soon as they entered the bar.

"Hm? Uh..." Uea paused as he looked away.

He's been feeling uneasy since this morning and he can't explain it. His heart kept racing as if signaling that something's about to happen. Uea can't help but feel anxious about it and he can't seem to hide it from Jade.

"You've been spacing out since a while ago. We can head back if you're tired." Jade said as he hugged Uea's arm like a koala.

Jade's behavior made Uea let out a chuckle before brushing the latter's head with his hand.

"I'm okay. Let's enjoy the night, hm?" Uea assured Jade making him move away, now smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh? Sir Rex?" Jade said as he saw the familiar man enter making Uea turning to the entrance.

Thinking about it, Uea still couldn't believe that Rex was the CEO and is King's brother. Speaking of King, Uea haven't seen him after having dinner.

"Hi." Rex greeted as Jade let out an awkward smile, greeting back while clinging to Uea's hand.