4: PRIOR

***

Morning started as usual for King. From getting up to taking a shower and choosing his outfit for the day, it was the typically dull routine. However, if something was different from the past days, it's the smile on his face as he went on his day. The memory of that night with Uea kept playing on rewind in his head and he just can't get enough.

Though he really wanted to confess that he was the alpha Uea had a one-night-stand with, discussing it with Jade this morning really had him second guessing. Telling Uea could either make or break everything that King's achieved just to be this intimate with the latter and he can't take the risk of losing everything.

For now, since Uea's still sick in bed, a meal from his favorite restaurant would be a great start.

"What?" King asked as soon as he answered a call on his phone while he drove his way to Uea's place.

"The boss wants to talk with you. Come by the office." A calm and warm voice answered making King let out a sigh.

"What for?" King asked, already feeling agitated with the thought of meeting up with the very man he didn't want to see.

"He... uhm..." the old man on the other line couldn't seem to make word of the reason.

King let out a sigh upon imagining the old man's face and how troubled he might've looked right now. The old man on the line really did nothing wrong and it's not right to vent his frustrations on him, King thought.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." King said before finally ending the call.

...

The office was filled with silence as King stood in front of the very man he loathed. A man that oozed with pride and dignity, the business tycoon who has made his name known in the business world. Niimon Kunakon, King's father.

"I have to go somewhere so just tell me what you want." King broke the silence making the latter let out a sigh, looking disappointed like he always did.

"I heard you didn't meet with Ms. Berthold." Mr. Kunakon said, referring to the dinner date King was supposed to attend to a few days ago.

"Something came up." King said, looking as uninterested as ever.

"Something, huh? I... don't care who you fuck up or what you do, King. But atleast do your part as a member of the family." Mr. Kunakon said as he stood up and walked towards King.

"A part of the family... right. I was supposed to be sold to another family while the others live as they please, right? Father?" King sounded rather sarcastic and he could see how unpleased the old man was.

"Why... can't you be more like your brother?" King's father couldn't help but say out loud as he stared at the latter.

"Ah... like a dog at your command?"

*SLAP*

The silence that came after the man slapped King's cheek was quite deafening. King already expected it but being hit after a long time still felt surprisingly painful.

King almost forgot how this now aged man used to beat the crap out of him since his beloved wife passed away, King's mother.

"I arranged another meeting with the Bertholds and you should be thankful they were benevolent enough to overlook your stubbornness. The plane for Japan leaves in an hour so get ready. Don't... don't cause anymore disgrace to the family."

...

Being one of the growing group of companies in the country, the Bethold family holds a high reputation in the business world both locally and internationally. This is also the main reason why King's father wanted to connect their families to further expand their influence.