"You are a bitch, you know that? I don't have those desires."

"Then why haven't you asked me to let you go?"

I struck him in the chest.

"Of course I want you to let me go!"

He ignored me and sat back down on his bed.

Then someone or something entered the room: a creature covered in dark hair like his owner's, dark like that damned room.

"Hey, Charlie, you hungry, boy? Have I got a tasty treat for you." He grinned at me as he said this.

"I'm going." I walked toward the door. I never wanted to see that idiot again.

Cole intercepted me in the middle of the room, and I almost ran into his bare chest.

"I'm sorry about what happened last night." For a few miraculous seconds, I thought he was sincerely apologizing. How wrong I was: "But you can't say a fucking word, or I'm screwed." Now I knew all he wanted was to save his ass. As for me, he couldn't care less.

I laughed bitterly. "So says the future lawyer."

"Keep your mouth shut." He ignored my comment.

"Or what?"

He eyed me up and then jabbed a finger under my right ear, in a place that meant something special to me. "Or else that knot might not be strong enough to hold you. Twisted little brother," What did he know about my tattoo or about how strong I was? And I wish he could stop calling me his little brother! We are six years apart.

"How about you ignore me and I'll ignore you. We'll deal with the brief moments when we are together. Sound good?" I walked around him and left.

Charlie wagged his tail, watching me go.

At least the dog didn't hate me anymore.

I went back to my room. I didn't like not remembering what had happened, not at all. Cole could have seen something in me that I never wanted to show him, and that was what made me hate him more. I'd struggled to understand how I could manage to reject him so forcefully in so little time, but it was normal if I considered that Cole Williams represented absolutely everything I hated in a person: he was violent, dangerous, an abuser, a liar, threatening... everything that made me take off running in the opposite direction.

I grabbed my phone and plugged it in. Dammit, Maddie was going to kill me. I'd promised her I'd call her last night. She must have been climbing the walls. Fucking Cole Williams everything about him is something unwanted.

When I turned on my phone and opened my messages, I saw that there were no new ones no missed calls, either. That was strange.

It was beautiful out, a perfect day to take a swim for the first time in that amazing pool. If I'd been in a better mood, I'd have gone outside to read a good book, and try to forget what had happened or even worse, what might have happened. With those thoughts in my head, I walked into my big fancy closet. In a drawer, I saw a ton of swim trucks, but I didn't stop looking for one that could match an orange shirt I have.

I looked at my naked body in the mirror, with special attention on that part I felt mortified about. But I decided to put it out of my mind. After all, I was at home.

In white swim trucks, my orange swim shirt and with a light green towel, I walked out of my bedroom to face my first breakfast in that house.

It was unsettling walking around here. I felt the same as I had when I was a little boy and would sleep over at a friend's house and at night I'd want to go to the restroom but wouldn't because I was scared I'd run into someone from their family.