Bangtan Soyeondan (방탄소년단)

May 2013

Junny spent the entire year training with the boys. Thanks to his successful audition and his new friendship, Junny was able to slowly adjust to life in Korea. He was part of SOPA's High soccer team and Jimin would show up to cheer for him.

He made some new friends like SM trainee Lee Taeyong from his music class and Apink's Oh Hayoung who was in most of his classes.

From his time in Bighit he got to meet the sunbaes of Glam. They were pretty interested in having an overseas trainee in their company. Along with RM, Junny helped write some of their music. He also to got to know "Hitman Bang." He was very passionate in what he does and taught him what it means to be an idol. The man was kind enough to give him breaks when he was bogged with homework.

Speaking of homework, it was much harder than it was back in Canada. The teachers were strict and his Hangul had to be readable. Junny had to spend extra time after school to improve his calligraphy which Seokjin helped him with it. By end the of the year he was mostly proficient in his Korean skills.

It was almost halfway through 2013, the time of EXO's first comeback and Bang wanted BTS to truly standout. Taking hints from YG and TSENT, he opted them to be a Hip Hop heavy group.

With the combined talents of Suga, J-Hope, and Rap Monster they would make up the power rap line while Jimin and Junny made to power vocal line. Jin and Jungkook, and V will serve as eye candy in bringing out the visuals. He wanted them to recreate the magic Seo Taji and Boys had during their heyday and Rap Monster will the main key to do it. The first teaser was shown to the public on their Bighit YouTube channel.

"Our debut is approaching very soon. We want to make sure things are working perfectly for you. I can only give you debut within the budget we have. Mianhe."

"It's no prob ajusshi! We don't need a flashy debut. I prefer us to go out like guerrillas in the mist!" J-Hope puffed his chest out.

"The more we stand out the better. You told us that money ain't everything in the world. Long as we stay true to ourselves our fans will appreciate us." Namjoon said with determination.

"We've been training for too long to back down. This is our moment!!" Jungkook smacked his own chest for emphasis.

"Don't get carried away kid. You're not the only one performing. I suggest you memorize your rap verse." Yoongi pulled his ear to the side.

"THAT HURTS HYUNG!!" Jungkook cried in pain as everyone laughed.

"This is gonna be crazy for real. I wonder how my bros feel about seeing me on T.V." Junny wondered.

"Guess we'll have to find out. Let's begin." Jimin said before the boys posed their debut shots. Each of the boys were given a rough and tough look similar to groups like B.A.P and Block B. Suga wore a beanie hat and gold chain while Hobi wore a bandana to make him look fearsome. V's hair was dyed blondish while Jungkook's hair was styled down to cover his eye. Junny along with Jimin wore a cool snapback and basketball style shorts to give them extra swagger. Seokjin was given a leather jacket to give him that old greaser look.

The video was shot in classroom set where the boys were scribbling all over the chalkboard. If you looked closer one could Hyeongjun's name scribbled in Hangul with the flag of Canada written next to it.