Their eyes locked together as they gazed at each other with emotions I couldn't understand. It was obvious to everyone that these two were fated mates by the moon goddess, as we could feel the tension building up between them. Their eyes were glowing with affection and the pure attraction of two mates when they finally met each other.

I sneered as Joy's mother let out a smile, her eyes glistening with emotion.

"I felt it the moment I walked in here. I was scanning around for you, and when you were led up to that seat, I felt the overwhelming connection in me, but I was suppressing it out of fear, thinking it was a mere illusion. I thought it was only happening in my head, but now it is confirmed. Laura charmed me, and I took you as my mate when you were the true one!" He poured out, his voice cracking with emotion.

Tears cascading down his cheeks as everyone watched silently. I felt like laughing at this dumb-headed Alpha who thinks he can save himself by being Evelyn's mate.

Does he think I will allow that to happen? He wants to escape this nightmare and leave me to perish in it alone.

Never.

"So he is your mate?" King Lucas asked Evelyn in a very calm voice that made my jealousy and anger spike to their peak. 

"Yes, he is. I was supposed to be the Luna as his second chance mate, but this witch here caged me for years and used her devious charm to take over his mind." She replied in a soft tone without shifting her gaze from him. They were just looking at each other like their lives depended on it.

"Wow, Laura had done way more evil than the demon king himself. How can a werwolf be this cruel and extremely evil?" The Lycan king spat, his eyes filled with venom as they glared at me. I had to put my head down once again to avoid that gaze that shatters my heart.

Doesn't he know I did all these for him? It was because I loved him. I was obsessed with him.

"Mom, do you still want him back?" Joy asked.

"It's left for you to decide. If you still love and want him back, I will spare him from any punishment I plan to unleash, and the two of you will...."

"Don't make that mistake!" I cut in, unable to hold on any longer.

"How dare you interrupt me?" He rasped, and I bowed.

"Sorry, but you will be making a huge mistake because this man here isn't what you all think he is." I added, making Logan send a death glare at me.

"What nonsense are you saying, ugly, evil demonic woman?!" He howled, his fists clenched, and his eyes showed how much he wanted to crush me to death.

"Oh, you're calling me a demonic woman? Have you forgotten you are on our team?" I giggled, and there was an uproar, murmurs, and whispers.

"What!" Evelyn, Joy's mother, exclaimed in shock upon hearing what I said.

"Stop lying against me!" He shouted at me, then turned to Evelyn. "I swear she is lying. I am not one of them! I have no business with demons!" 

His lips were shivering, and fear was written all over his face as he dreaded the worst, but unfortunately for him, his nightmare was already lurking around.

He made the greatest mistake by allowing the demon king to use him as his puppet. The heart demon is still in him, and I was going to expose that right away. We are all dying together.

"Can you prove what you said?" The Lycan king huffed at me, and I smiled.

"It's very easy to prove. He volunteered to work for the demon king for power. Just put this ring on his pinky finger, and his true nature will burst out." I let out a smug smile at him, bringing out the ring in my pocket. 

It was a ring the demon king gave to me to initiate my dark magic anytime I wanted, and it will do the same now by bursting out every aura and scent of the heart demon in him.

Four guards stepped out and took the ring from me, then forced it into his finger, and just immediately, the outburst occurred, and Alpha Logan went mad in rage, unconsciously controlled by the demon who forced out horns and tails from his body, urging him to attack anyone.

He was pinned to the ground, and the ring pulled out, bringing him back to his senses. 

"What came over me?" He asked in a trembling voice, making me chuckle mockingly at him.

"Laura is right. You are part of them! Demons are inside you, Dickhead! Why did you do such a thing?" Evelyn yelled furiously and in sadness while Logan crawled closer, pleading profusely and trying to explain, but it was too late.

"I, Evelyn Lake, reject you, Alpha Logan, as my mate and severe every bond between us forever!" Her voice broke out through the hall, and I squealed in happiness, clapping till I was hit with a rod by a bodyguard that almost knocked me out.

Ahh, they should let me celebrate my wins. 

"Laura, why did you do this to me? You know I...was..." Logan sobbed, charging at me to kill, but he was held.

"Now is the time to destroy the demon king once and for all. Laura, you must lead us to where he is." The King seethed at me, and I smiled sheepishly.

"No need using must or sounding harsh. If I could work for demons, kill my stepchildren, and do a lot of evil for you, what else can't I do?" I beamed, gazing at his handsome face in admiration.

"Bald headed ugly duckling, I don't want to hear your voice again before I slice you into pieces!" He scoffed indignantly and turned to the crowd gathered while his insult stabbed the core of my heart.

"Before bringing this great ceremony to an end, I will like to choose the woman to be my bride, since I lost the mother of my daughter. I need someone who will be like a mother to Selene and be my wife." 

My heart dropped and stopped beating at that moment as I struggled to breathe, looking up to him with tears in my eyes as regret ate me deep into my bone marrows, knowing I had ended up pushing myself out of any chance of being his woman.

"Please choose me. I swear to be good and...." 

Whatever I was saying hitched in my throat as one of his guards fired a heavy kick at my face, breaking my nose with blood spilling out freely.