Chapter 12

My heart wasn't beating normally after telling Jake I would kill her. Like screams in my head, I was hearing the lies in what I said and I really knew I was bluffing. It can't be love, but I was so sure I won't be able to hurt her or see anyone harm her.

I just hope Jake doesn't insist because I would definitely disappoint him. And if he tries doing it on his own, then that's where our first problem would begin because he might just end up going down before her.

Don't remind me. I know I'm being stupid saying this as a vampire prince I was..

Jake didn't say anything, though. He just smiled and looked away, facing the window, while I maintained a stern expression.

"We are here." The man driving announced at that moment, and we both jumped out of the cart.

It's time to cross the boundary and head in!

We both smiled at each other, and in a snap, we all switched to our vampire beastly senses and abilities, and like the lightning in the sky, we bolted through the enomous trees and mountains.

She was out of my mind at this moment. I wasn't thinking about her at all, and to be very honest, I was sure to ignore her if we ever got sight of each other. If she comes close to me and risks exposing my identity, then I won't hesitate to kill her.

If Jake ever finds out that she has the ability to fish out our vampire smell, I am sure he will take her life immediately. I kept this secret from him because I kind of trusted the wolf girl to repay my kindness and favor for her by keeping her god-damned mouth shut.

As usual, we went in and instantly blend with the others. It was a huge party under the glowing moon. Drums and different kinds of musical instruments, along with other music, blasted around every corner of the village square that was so large.

I envy their large numbers, and it makes me hate them more that they reduced us to a few while they grew in numbers.

"We have to split." Jake whispered, and the other guy and I nodded. With a huge smile and dancing moves, we made our way separately, drinking like the others and making sure we weren't noticed while using our sharp sight to spy on their defense positionings and his alert they were at a time like this.

"The time is now!!!" A deep voice reeking with authority rumbled through the speakers, and at the sound of the voice, every noise died down and all turned to the stage, which was a floor raised above the ground in a way that everyone could clearly see what was going on there.

Then a man stepped out, dressed in a gold cloak and with a crown on his head, with bodyguards flanking him. His aura told me he was the Alpha, and beside him was a woman dressed in the same gold cloak like him and also wearing a crown. She was the Luna.

I joined the other to bow in his presence, and it made me angrier as I grunted at how it hurts my ego to bow to someone.

We all stood again, all in silence, respect, and submission, while my eyes were pinned on the Alpha, the man my father had vowed to kill with his bare hand before he ever died. The hatred my father has for him was something that really made me curious as to what his crime was.

But as usual, my father won't tell me yet.

The Alpha exuded a commanding presence, and every movement he made forward was deliberate and purposeful, his steps like a lion in his territory as he walked straight to the front, facing everyone with those sharp green eyes flicking in alertness.

He stood tall, his broad shoulders squared, and his chin held high in a way that demanded everyone's complete respect and submission.

His dark and thick hair fell in wild waves that framed his strong jawline and emphasized the sharpness of his features clearly from intense workouts and battles.