Chapter 22

I watched as she dragged her feet away, fear and confusion written all over her face. She couldn't stop throwing glances at me. I knew there were a lot of questions going through her head, and the fright in her wouldn't even let her say anything.

I could only hear her sharp breaths as her legs shivered at each step away from me. Once she was gone, I shut the door and went back to bed. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me away, but just then, I felt that hotness of the bracelet again.

"What is wrong with this?" I muttered in confusion, bringing it out in haste. It was glowing again, and I really didn't know why. It was like an unseen force pushed me to do it. I quickly put it on my left hand, and a wave of sensation swept through my skin, so chilling that goosebumps spread through me.

"We shouldn't be wearing that! What gave you the courage? Do you know if it's forbidden or something?" My wolf shouted when she saw me wear the bracelet. We had been really scared to wear it, and she couldn't understand how I took the risk now.

"I don't know. I just felt like wearing this. Does it look pretty?" I smiled, staring at my hand as the enchanting pearls gleamed beautifully. It stopped glowing and returned to normal, as if it were waiting for me to wear it.

"You know that thing can't be in your hand? How will you explain where you got it from?" She sighed. "But it is really beautiful and fits you perfectly." She added, with excitement.

"It had stopped glowing and doesn't burn. It is a warning that I shouldn't stuff it inside my pocket." I beamed, and she hissed.

"So it wants you to wear it around and get into trouble that you would destroy your life the more." She sneered.

"What about lying that we picked it on the ground somewhere? I really feel so good having it around my wrist." I mumbled, exhaling.

"And what if they know the origin? This isn't something that can be found in the werewolf world, as you know. We already have a lot of troubles to deal with. Don't add to it."

"About your hybrid nature, what if one day, you turn into a beast and begin to attack people, sucking their blood and eating their internal organs? We should be scared of that, you know?" She shrugged and lay low while I buried my face in the pillow.

"I have no control over it. I don't know what my future holds. We are alone." I sulked sadly.

"No, we are not. Jaden is there for you. After saving you twice, you should know he is keeping watch over you somehow. We should give him a chance." She chirped, her tone brimmed with excitement all of a sudden. I thought she was becoming gloomy just now.

"You are really falling hard for that vampire!" I shunned her, and she laughed hard, kicking at me.

"You are falling harder than me, but human nature is good at bottling their emotions, so don't make me think I'm the simp here."

"Whatever. Let us sleep." I grinned, hugging my pillow tight, and with the bracelet around my wrist, I felt it so well, like he was lying with me there on the bed. The connection was so strong that it was as if I could talk with him through the bracelet.

I closed my eyes, and he was the only image clouding my head, my mind, and every thought of mine.

"You are blushing really hard; your cheeks are like tomatoes." My wolf taunted with a cheeky smile, making me giggle, but I couldn't open my eyes because I didn't want to end the romantic moment with Jaden going through my imagination.

Jaden's POV

"Wake up. You have slept enough, and it's making me wonder why you are having sleepless nights." The voice of Jake whispered into my left ear as he tapped my forehead to wake me up, although I had already woken up the moment he walked in.