Chapter 61

"I also have to remind you once again that you are in no position to contest or contemplate whether to do it or not. No negotiations, or I will trigger the snakes now, and you won't have any chance to change your mind again. So I ask, Are you in?" Laura questioned sternly with no remorse in her eyes.

She has lost her humanity. Her heart must be cold and dead. Killing my parents sounded so common to them, and she won't even give me time to think...

"Why must I kill my parents? Anyone else but them, please?" I begged, and they both hissed in annoyance.

"We are the ones to tell you who to put to death. You don't own your life anymore, little girl." I heard the demon king snort at me. My heart sank into my stomach. Regret and guilt filled me to the brim as tears prickled and fell freely down my cheeks.

"Why not just kill me? Kill me!" I screeched, feeling exhausted as sweat and tears bathed my face.

"Ceiline, think about the brighter side. Your parents are old and will eventually die very soon. It is no big deal to use their deaths to get what you so much desire. Even Jaden will end up staying away from Selene. There are many things you can gain from this, especially the love of Jaden. With this new magic, you can manipulate their love. Think smart, babe!" Laura coaxed me, her tone gentle this time, as she carefully began to untie me.

"I love Jaden, but seeing how he fought for Selene, how he was ready to kill even me for her, I lost all hopes. And now that you have confirmed they are fated mates, I am ready to leave them alone." I breathed in a weak tone.

"No, no, no... Don't lose hope. If I had lost hope, I would have been a total loser who would stand no chance to be the Lycan king's bride, but see now, because I was resilient, in a week's time, I will become his bride, carrying his child in my stomach," she grinned, her eyes brimming with excitement and desire.

I could see clearly how much she was obsessed with the Lycan king as she blushed while talking about him.

"I really can't live knowing I killed my parents, who had been there for me in everything...I..."

"It's alright. Okay? You won't be killing them. I cancel their names from your list." Laura beamed, and a heavy sigh of relief escaped my lips as I jumped from the chair and hugged her since she was done untying me.

"Thank you so much! I don't mind doing everything you want me to do. Thank you! Thank you!" I shrieked, feeling so relieved and overwhelmed with Joy.

"We are a team, so we should consider each other's feelings." She whispered, rubbing my back, and that really made me feel calm. 

"The demon king only wants Selene dead for what she did to him sometime. After she dies, he will return to his cave, and we will have our normal lives. You and Jaden. Me and the Lycan king." Laura said happily, and I nodded as she held my hand.

"Okay, I accept." 

"Good girl"

Let's go into the inner room for the ritual and plans on how to carry everything out." 

As we headed there, I felt the need to turn and glance at the woman that was shackled with me, and when I did, our eyes met, and she shook her head in pity as if warning me of a grave mistake.

"Don't trust them." She mouthed it clearly enough for me to be able to read her lips and understand her warning, but somehow I felt she was just utterly bitter, and was sad that she wasn't released alongside me. I rolled my eyes at her and turned away.

Selene's POV

The night was a restless one for me, with a series of nightmares that depicted a massacre in a gory and merciless way. Not only the werewolves were slaughtered, but also the vampires.