Chapter 63

"Alpha Logan, have you gone out of your mind? You know all you just told Jaden were lies. I didn't harm anyone, both in this pack and in the vampire kingdom. Why did you pull such an allegation on me?!" I gritted my teeth in so much rage, stalking towards him as my heart felt like it was pierced with a thousand knives.

I was feeling pained, confused, and extremely angry all at the same time as my eyes glared at the alpha with one thing in my heart to do, and that was slitting his throat. I caught a glimpse of Jaden's eyes after what the alpha said, and the deep sadness I saw in them was something I had never seen before.

Jaden was someone who wouldn't leave me for anything, but after hearing that his own mother was brutally hurt, he couldn't bear it. He had to run off to check on her, but what battered my head was this stupid alpha accusing me of doing that. He even added that I killed Ceiline and her parents.

"You can keep denying, but here is the letter sent to me by Jaden's father. Read it and see for yourself. Jaden's mother testified that you did it, and a few of her bodyguards also saw all you did." He paused and sighed.

" I don't understand why you could go to such an extent for the demon king! Why bring souls to him and betray your people?" He spat, shaking his head in disbelief and disdain as he dipped his hand inside his pocket, brought out an envelope, and threw it at me.

So he just called the members of this pack my people? How ridiculous. After all the hell they made me go through.

I picked up the envelope, tore it open, and brought out the letter. Just as I expected, it was from Jaden's father, the vampire king. It was a message of regret and anger. How much he is ready to join hands with this pack to end me after he heard that I also harmed my people for demons.

I couldn't read everything as my heart kept aching at every word I read. It was so disheartening to see that many were killed viciously, and I was pointed out as the murderer, but what shattered my heart the more was that I was sure Laura's hand was in this.

How could she be so cruel and heartless to do all these things to innocent souls for the demon? So many innocent lives are gone just because of her selfishness and greed.

I dropped the letter and looked up to see everyone backing away from me with fear and disgust in their eyes, telling me how much they believed I had betrayed the entire wolf race. 

"Laura is the one working for the demon." I muttered under my breath, knowing fully well that they won't believe me.

"Stop accusing my mate. You are the devil here!" Logan seethed.

"Traitor, just like her mother!" Callen mumbled, scared to say it audibly as he kept looking at me and drifting his eyes away anytime I glanced at his corner. 

"I am not a traitor, you sissy! It's unfortunate that you won't live to become the next Alpha or will end up spending the rest of your life as a slave to demons, fool!" I cursed back at him, hating even the mere sight of him. To recall that he was once my mate made my stomach churn with disgust.

"You are nothing but a Liar! And a killer, of course!" He retorted, trying to sound confident and strong.

"This is the girl that should have been your mate if you weren't wise. I'm sure she would sacrifice you to demons if needed!" Sophia snorted, and I could only stare at their gullible minds and pity them because of how blind they were to the danger about to befall them.

"We have to ban her immediately before she kills us all. The demon is still in her. We can't let this curse stay in our land!" Laura grunted from where she sat, leaning on the wall.

"You want me to leave so you and the demon king can succeed in your evil. The alpha doesn't even know you aren't his true mate. His Luna has been caged for years while you shamelessly took her place!"