Chapter 39

Joy's POV

I was sitting at the edge, leaning against the wall with smiles gracing my bloody face, and even though my entire body was hurting me so much, it couldn't stop the happiness that brimmed my heart and made me beam in excitement watching Selene in her ravaging beast form.

I knew at that moment that I was safe. She was going to save me from death and also save my mother. I cringed when I watched her crush the head of that bodyguard, but it was accompanied with great satisfaction. 

It was a sight of relief to see the helpless Selene, whom everyone in the pack bullied and treated so badly, turn into a badass vampire, ruthless and unforgiving. Her eyes glow with rage, pure fury that burns like a lake of fire. 

The smile on my face vanished the moment Andrea scrambled towards me, flustered and sweating profusely, with his eyes filled with terror after seeing how brutally that bodyguard was killed, and hearing Selene ask them who was next.

He was horrified, his entire body shaking vehemently. 

"Please, help me." His voice rang in my head as he grabbed my leg, breathing heavily as he kept glancing back to check if Selene was about to attack him.

My eyes squinted as I asked in confusion.

"Help you? Andrea, are you really saying this to me?" My voice was like a gasp as I stared into the eyes of this monster, a man who had manipulated me and made my life a mess, destroying every trace of joy that could be left in me. I couldn't understand what gave him this courage, or rather, the hope that I would actually help him.

"Remember. Remember, we had memories together. We were once in love. Forgive me, for I have done you wrong, but we can still make it work. We can still come together and fall in love for real once again, having a happily ever after just as I promised you.." he blabbered, every word sounding like a mockery in my ears.

It was so ridiculous, especially as his belt was still loose. A man who hadn't raped me once, not twice, not three times, not even four times. I had lost count. Even when I was on my period, he forced his way. Now that I was about to get killed, he was still going to rape me.

A sharp crack of bones was heard, and we both turned sharply to see the hands and legs of the other bodyguards jutting at an uneven angle while he howled in unbearable pain, pleading for his life, but Selene was totally deaf to his plea.

She was giving him a slow and torturous death. I watched as she used her fangs to chop off his ears and eyes, leaving him convulsing as the excruciating pain struck deep into the bone marrow, forcing you to pray for a quick death.

"You see what she's doing. She will do the same to me, Joy. You won't want to see me die. We are lovers!" Andrea told me shamelessly, and even in my pain, I gave him a hot slap as my eyes became teary and my heart grew heavier in sadness. I felt really heartbroken.

He was the first man I gave my heart to. I fell in love with this liar and devil without knowing he just wanted to use me. He gave me promises and left me wallowing in delusions, chasing around shadows, and clawing at dreams that were never going to become reality.

He saw my pathetic condition with the Luna, the way she treated me so badly and made my life unbearable, so he began to draw close to me and deceive me with his words. My naive self fell for all those lies, and he broke my virginity. I waited for the day he would fulfill his promises of helping me leave this place so we could run away together, but this man was only playing with my heart.

When I confronted him about delaying everything, he burst into mocking laughter and spat at me. 

"Who will help you leave here? Dream on. You believed I would run away with you? A dirty pig. You're so gullible!" That was what he said—words that I could never forget as they struck the deepest part of my heart and shattered it. He was one of the Luna's favorite bodyguards, and that was why I believed I could help him, and his sweet words made me fall in love with him, visioning a future with this stupid man.

His Forbidden Hybrid Mate On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara