So far I have learned that Pine View is just like any other highschool where new students get bullied for simply being new and being different is never a good thing. Oakland was the same but at least there I was on the other end of it. I wasn't a bully but I was top of the hierarchy and now I'm at the very bottom. Such a sad turn of events.

"I'm trying."

"I know you are which is good. Anyway besides calling you here to check up on you, I wanted to discuss your grades." June says and this makes me sit up in attention.

"I have perfect grades." I declare proudly.

I work very hard on my studies to maintain the perfect GPA. It's the one thing my parents are actually proud of me for. I don't do it for them though, I might mess around with everything but never my grades.

"Yes I know, your transcripts are impeccable which is why I called you here. I was wondering if you'd consider signing up for the senior tutors program." She asks me.

"The what now?"

"Senior tutors program. It's where the top achieving students set aside time to help other struggling students for extra credit." June explains.

Definitely not happening, I am no tutor.

"I don't need extra credit." I reply.

"True but it might be a nice way of you to meet other students and make new friends in a neutral environment." She entices.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes as it's not a very lady like behavior as my mother likes to remind me.

Instead I say, "I'm not a very good tutor."

"You can be if you try." June insists.

I'm already tired of this conversation so I opt for a choice that will appease the both of us at least for now. "Can I think about it?"

"Of course just don't take too long." June replies.

"Of course." I say getting up.

June stands as well and walks me out of her office. "Thank you for stopping by, my door is always open if you want to talk."

"I appreciate it." I say with a genuine smile.

At least the staff are nice as compared to all the students who are mean bullies.

"You're welcome and once again, welcome to Pine View." June says.

I respond with a nod and leave her standing by her door.

I check the time on my watch and realize that there's only fifteen minutes left till sixth period. That's not enough time to make it to the cafeteria for lunch which sucks. I am so hungry and I've been hauling my books around all day. I need to set some of them down before I break my back.

The only place to go is my locker, no time for lunch. This day just keeps getting worse. Finding my locker is fairly easy because Miss Bea had already shown me how to get there, getting it to open on the other hand is a whole different story.

I try the combination three times and even after double checking that I'm at the correct locker, which I am , it still doesn'twork.

"Fucking piece of shit!" I cry out banging my fist on it.

Why is this day determined to test all my patience?

I slump my head against the cold metal door of my locker, willing it to open but it doesn't help. Banging my forehead over and over again doesn't work either.

When my forehead lands on something warm I gasp and jump back my hair falling over my face. I look up at the intruder and its the same student I saw earlier in a chemistry class only this time he is facing me but I can't see him properly because of my hair.