ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ - 44

Alex

My eyes flutter open, the darkness of the early hours still enveloping the room. Dawn is yet to come. I try to fall back asleep.

But what registers on me, jolting me awake from sleepiness completely is Joanna beside me, her hands on my arm. As she sleeps facing me.

My heart tugs in my chest, the warmth curling up. Her presence, her closeness, familiar yet not.

We had spent every night lying together on this bed back then and yet maintained our distances.

And now to find her beside me, sleeping, in the wake of my touch.

Jo's eyes flicker open ,her gaze travelling from her arms around me to locking my gaze.

Something shifts between us, in that second , something crashing.
Like a collision of emotions, unspoken words, and the weight of everything in between.

As we reach for each other. My mouth slams hard on her. As if I can't wait any longer.

As if it would kill me to.

We kiss each other with a ferocity, I have never witnessed before. Our hands touching as many places as we can. Our bodies shifting jointly on the bed.

Her groans fill my ear.

My hands find her waist, her back, her hair, as if it's all I know.

I hear her whisper,"Alex" as we break apart breathless.

I know it's the only way my name holds any potent significance in this universe, dripping down her mouth with that softness.

She looks at me her beautiful, brown eyes hazy from the impact of what just transpired.

Desperation churns in me. The need to be closer to her growing like a raging fire.

I graze her lips with mine.
Soft and slow.

Kissing her now feels like many things. But mostly one, that dulls down the other.

Kissing her now, feels like coming back home.

It's like my heart is breaking and healing at the same time.

The taste of her mouth, the softness of her lips against mine.

It's way too much.

I am losing myself in her.
In how much she consumes me, defines me.

Like she always has.

"Jo," I breathe.

How did I survive all these months without touching her.

I might as well have been dead.

I plunge my tongue in her mouth, and she gasps.

Our tongues waggle, delving deeper, revelling against each other.

This is how we belong. This is how we fit.Tangled in each other.

We break apart as she holds me closer.
She crumples in me.
My entire freaking world.
Her in my arms.

Touching her used to be my primal instinct. Rediscovering it feels like the best thing ever.

It swears off all unpleasantness. I had to cage in. All heartache that tore me into pieces. That twisted sharply in my gut piercing it.

It feels like I am healing.
Rebuilding from the ruins of her betrayal, and my own silence.

Silence stretches between us.

"Tell me what do you want? Jo," I ask , my voice hoarse and breathless.

"Kiss me again like that, then again, and again until I stop breathing. . . . . . ," she mumbles, as our lips collide again, my hand reaching for her top.

I slip it over her head in a desperate urge.

"You are heavenly, Jo," I mutter just to repeat myself, my eyes roaming every inch of her skin.

I shift closer to kiss her collarbones. My stubble pressing against her neck.

Jo groans in me. Her hand under my shirt clumsily unbuttoning it slightly shaky.

I let her go, unbuttoning the rest and take it off.

Her eyes fix on me, her hand softly tracing my taut muscles underneath.
Her hand glides down, tracing an old scar on my abdomen and I get harder.

My fingers graze the side of her bra. Kissing the skin over it.

I reach over to unhook the bra from behind and her breasts spill free.

Still hungry , I take them in my mouth, swirling my tongue around one pink and hard nipple, as I suck on it once, twice.

I bite down on her skin, while palming the other breast.

Her breathing becomes uneven as she rocks against me,
her fingers digging on my shoulder.

"Alex" I hear her whisper, hear her chant my name as if it's all she is aware of. As if it's all that matter in the world.

Her body shivers underneath me.
And a greater pleasure shoots through my heart.

I lose myself in this, in her. Tangled beyond the stretches of time.