Chapter Twenty One- Fallback Or Fall Apart

Start from the beginning

I looked into his foreign grey eyes. They held so much fear, remorse, and...love. I quickly tore my gaze away. "I'm hurt....that was inevitable." I whispered before turning away and storming into the kitchen where my parents....or Carol and Derek were.

They both smiled at me, then they saw Mason and began glaring at him. My dad stepped up, his whole body in a tense stance.

"What the hell is he doing here young lady? I thought we made it clear we didn't want you to see him anymore!" Dad growled out angrily.

"He's the least of your worries Derek." I said eerily calmed. My voice laced with anger and hurt.

Mom and dad shot me a look. "Don't call your father by his first name young lady!" mom glared at me, "Mason you need to go home before I call the mayor." she warned him.

"He's staying." I said defiantly, "Derek, Carol, who the hell is Raven Porter." I demanded rather than asked.

"Mom." Carol whispered, "My name is mom. " she repeated hurt.

I didn't need them to answer my question. Whether they told me the truth or not, it would never mask the hurt and betrayal. "When were you planning on telling me?" I choked out my voice thick.

I was met by silence. Dad's angry demeanor replaced with one of defeat. Mom looked like she just saw a ghost and stared at the tile floor, lost in thought.

Then it hit me, "You never planned on telling me,did you?"

They both averted their gazes, I grabbed the first thing in my reach. A glass plate and I threw it at the wall. "DID YOU!" I shouted angrily.

They both flinched as mom let out a strangled sob. "You're our daughter Allyson. Of course we weren't going to tell you." Dad spoke up.

I couldn't stop it. I broke down and sobbed on the ground. My whole life was a sham, a big lie. My own parents weren't my parents. They were liars, who never thought it was necessary to tell me I had real parents out there!

I felt dad try to hug me, but I pushed him away, "Don't touch me, I don't even know who you are!" I yelled at him angrily, tears running down my face.

I stood up a little uneasily and ran upstairs. Derek and Carol didn't dare follow me, Mason however was dumb enough and he followed me. I ignored him as he stood by my door and watched me.

I grabbed a duffle bag I used for camp once and started stuffing clothes. I grabbed my phone, laptop and all my chargers and threw them in there. Finally I gripped the yellow envelope and took it too.

"What? Are you just going to runaway?" Mason asked incredulously.

"It's not running away if it was never home." I said surprising myself when I said it void of any emotion.

I grabbed my car keys and started downstairs. "Where are we going?" Mason asked. I rolled my eyes and ran out the door.

I couldn't stay any longer. The people who I thought were my parents were in the kitchen still, trying to comprehend what just happened. I climbed in my car and would have peeled out if Mason wouldn't have climbed in too.

"Get out." I demanded.

He shook his head and kept his gaze straight ahead. "No. Wherever you're going, I'm going too."

I sighed and rested my head on the steering wheel. I had no idea where I would go. I grabbed my phone and dialed Brie. She picked up on the sixth ring.

"Get everyone and meet me at the aquarium in fifteen minutes." I said my voice hard.

"Ally cat, what's wrong?" she asked worried. I inwardly sighed.