Chapter 25: iHave Another Plan

"You two are back early," said Freddie as he, Griffin, and Gibby walked into the hotel room to find Sam and Carly sitting in opposite corners of the room. Silence. "Is everything alright?" More silence.

"Hey Carly and Sam," began Gibby in his loudest voice, "Is everything alright?" They both looked at Gibby with blank stares. "Should we can an ambulance? I think they may have gone deaf."

"They're not deaf, Gibby," said Freddie as he shook his head.

"Carly, I'm going to start getting ready for dinner," said Griffin as he made his way to his room.

"Please do," responded Carly as she got up and followed him.

"I guess you were right, Freddie, she isn't deaf," said Gibby looking relieved.

"Gibby, can you stop talking?" asked Sam.

"You're not deaf either!"

"GIBBY!"

"Alright, jeez, can't a guy be happy his friends can hear?" said Gibby in a disappointed tone. "I'm gonna get ready for dinner, It'll be us three right?"

"Yep," responded Freddie who was now in the kitchen grabbing a bag of pretzels. Gibby went into his room and shut the door. "What happened?" Freddie mouthed to Sam.

Sam walked over to him and grabbed his hand and led him out of the room and down the hallway so there was no chance of anyone hearing their conversation.

"I told Carly that Griffin tried to kiss me."

"That's a good thing, what did she say?"

"Exactly what I thought she would say," said Sam. "She freaked out on me and told me we were done, that she didn't want anything to do with me."

"Oh no, she really wouldn't believe you?"

"Nope."

"You don't seem as upset as I thought you'd be."

"Because I have a plan."

Freddie felt as if he had PTSD. He gave Sam a concerned look. "Sam, remember what happened the last time you had a-"

"This is different, Freddie," said Sam trying to assure him that this plan was much better. "And I'm going to need your help."

"I'm listening."

"Do you remember when the security guard came up and yelled at us in the pool last night?" Freddie nodded his head. "Well, do you remember what he said?"

"He said to stop roughhousing."

"No! Well, yes, he did say that but he also said he saw us on the security cameras."

Freddie started to understand what Sam was getting at. "And if he saw us messing around on the cameras, I'll bet he has the footage of Griffin trying to kiss you!"

"Exactly. You're not as dumb as you look, Fredweird."

"I don't look dumb!"

"Relax," responded Sam as she put a hand on his shoulder. "Now, I need your help to get this footage from the security guard."

"What's your plan?"

"Let's order room service instead of going out. We'll have it arrive when Carly and Griffin leave for dinner, and then we can talk. We're gonna need Gibby's help too."

Carly and Griffin had left for dinner a few minutes ago and the room service arrived for Sam, Freddie, and Gibby.

"Why do we have to spend the last night getting room service?" said Gibby as he pouted. "I wanted to go to a nice restaurant."

"Gibby, I need your help," said Sam in her nicest voice, trying to make up for years of bullying.

"With what?"

"I need you to distract the security guard downstairs."

"How do I do that?"

"I don't know take your shirt off and be a weirdo like you usually do," snapped Sam. She saw Gibby's smile droop and tried to correct herself. "I mean, take your shirt off and be the charming handsome man you usually are." Gibby's smile was restored.

"Done."

"Now Freddie," continued Sam, "You're the tech geek, you need to access the tapes, find the moment Griffin tried to kiss me, and download it on one of your save file thingies."

"You mean a flash drive?" said Freddie as he squinted his eyes and shook his head in disgust.

"Whatever, just get the tape."

"And what are you going to do?" asked Freddie.

"I'm going to be the lookout in case anyone else comes by or if Gibby can't do his job," said Sam. Gibby's smile drooped yet again. "Which I'm sure won't be the case, Gibby," said Sam, trying to restore his confidence. It worked.

The trio looked at each other in agreement and ate their food. The plan was set. Once they finished chowing down, they would head downstairs to the security guard.

Carly and Griffin's dinner was underway at the Leaning Tower of Pasta, another five-star restaurant in the hotel.

"So, what's wrong Carly?" asked Griffin as he reached for a piece of bruschetta. "You've been quiet since I got back to the room. Did something happen with you and Sam?"

"Yeah, I'm done with her."

"What happened?"

Carly put down the fork that she was using to eat her salad. "She told me that you tried to kiss her last night. Do you believe that?"

Griffin's stomach dropped. He got the sense that Carly didn't believe her, but he was surprised to hear that Sam tried to expose him. Especially because he had warned Sam that if she did, he would tell Carly all about her crush. "Oh really?" he asked, trying not to sound guilty.

"Yep, and I told her last time, no getting in between my relationship. She's had it out for you from the start and I'm sick of it," said Carly as her voice began to raise and gather the attention of the other diners. "I'm so sick of her!"

"Easy, babe," said Griffin trying to calm her down.

"She's trying to make you out to be a bad person."

"She's just going through a lot right now it seems."

"Like what?"

Griffin paused. "I think she has a crush on you."

Carly laughed so hard that she almost knocked her salad off the table. "Griffin, c'mon, that's ridiculous."

"Is it though?" he asked as his blood was boiling. He was starting to get more and more frustrated that Sam tried to expose him. Lucky for him, Carly didn't buy it. But why would Sam risk everything, especially when he warned her of the consequences?

"I mean, she has been acting a bit odd," Carly pondered, "but Sam doesn't like girls, she's into boys. She dated Freddie for a long time."

"So what? Why do you think she's tried so hard to break us up?"

"Because she doesn't particularly like you."

"That's a dramatic reason for her to try and repeatedly end her best friend's relationship don't you think?"

"Sam's a spiteful person. I'm not surprised by it at all."

"I think it's more about her wanting to be with you. That's her goal. She thinks if I'm out of the picture she'll have a shot with you."

"Okay, Griffin, you're talking crazy. Sam does not have a crush on me. If she did, she would tell me," Carly said with conviction. "Let's stop talking about Sam, I don't want anything to do with her. Tonight is about us."

Griffin was annoyed that Carly didn't believe him. "She has poor judgment skills," he thought. She didn't want to believe Griffin cheated on her or that Sam had a crush on her. Both were true. Well, at least Griffin was in the clear for now. But as the meal went on, he kept thinking about what Sam had up her sleeve.