Chapter 16: iApologize to Griffin

It was the morning after Sam's failed plan and she wanted to make things right. She genuinely felt bad about her attempt to break up Carly and Griffin. She was going to take Freddie's advice and reach out to Griffin first. While it would be hard, Sam was going to try and put her friendship with Carly before her feelings for her. She reached for her phone and dialed Griffin's number.

Griffin and Carly were still sound asleep when Sam called. The buzzing of Griffin's phone woke Carly up first. Barely able to open her eyes, she grabbed Griffin's phone and looked to see who was calling. It was Sam. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she was seeing the name right. When she confirmed it was Sam, she shook Griffin to wake him up.

"Babe, wake up," said Carly. "Sam's calling you."

"Tell her to leave a message," said a groggy Griffin who rolled over to face opposite of Carly.

"ANSWER THE PHONE!" Carly shouted at the top of her lungs.

Suddenly, Griffin was wide awake and grabbed his phone. He answered Sam's call.

"Hello?" asked Griffin.

"Hey, It's Sam," she began in a soft tone. "Listen, I'm really sorry about last night, can we meet up today? I want to talk things through and apologize."

Griffin was already surprised to be waking up to a phone call from Sam, but he was shocked to hear she wanted to meet up and speak with him directly.

He agreed to meet Sam and after some back and forth, they planned to grab lunch at Tubba Chicken.

"I can't believe Sam's going to apologize so soon," said Carly. "And she hasn't reached out to me yet!"

Griffin was once again surprised. He figured Sam must've reached out to Carly first while he was sleeping, but that clearly wasn't the case.

"I'm sure she'll reach out to you," said Griffin, trying to comfort Carly. "I'll let you know how today goes."

Sam started to get ready to head out for lunch with Griffin. She wore blue skinny jeans and a black and purple flannel with white and black Converse. She was just about to walk over to Tubba Chicken, which wasn't too far from her house when Griffin called her.

"Hey, I know your right down the road," said Griffin from the other side of the phone. "Want me to just scoop you? I have my motorcycle."

Sam loved motorcycles. She had to meet the kid anyway so she obliged. Griffin pulled up in his new all-black street bike. He wore a black helmet, jeans, and a black tank top that was covered by a short-sleeve-collared shirt that looked as if it was from a mechanic shop. He greeted Sam and she hopped on the back of his bike. She held her arms around his waist so that she wouldn't fall off. While the ride was only a couple of minutes, she enjoyed being on the motorcycle and they didn't chat at all until they made their orders and sat down at a booth to eat.

At the table, Sam started inhaling her tub of fried chicken as Griffin watched on. He thought she was going to take a break for air, but anytime her mouth opened more chicken was stuffed into it. It was as if Sam forgot the whole reason why she came here in the first place. After a couple of minutes of Sam eating and Griffin staring at her completely horrified, her brain turned on again.

"Oh, my bad," said Sam as she was still chewing a mouthful of chicken. "Thanks for grabbing lunch."

"Yeah, no problem," said Griffin, waiting in anticipation to hear what Sam had to say.

Sam swallowed the rest of the chicken that was in her mouth and took a big sip of soda. She wiped her mouth with a napkin and began to speak.

"As I said on the phone, I'm really sorry about everything that happened last night," said Sam. "It was really wrong and really selfish, and I shouldn't have done it."

Griffin gave a small smile. "It's alright, Sam."

"No, it's not alright," replied Sam. "I hurt you, Carly, and Wendy. I even roped Freddie into this whole thing when he wanted no part of it. I put the future of iCarly in jeopardy."

"We all make mistakes, Sam," said Griffin, trying to comfort her. He paused for a few seconds, "Can I ask you something?"

Sam was a bit taken aback, unsure of what Griffin would possibly ask her, but she gave him the green light. "Sure, what is it?"

"Why don't you like me?" asked Griffin. "That is why you wanted Carly and I to break up, right? Because you don't like me."

Sam didn't know what to say. Sure, she wasn't the biggest fan of Griffin up until this point, but he hadn't given her a reason to dislike him (besides the fact that he was dating the love of her life). He had actually always been really nice to Sam. He did the whole iCarly crew a huge favor by setting up the show at the raceway. Last night while getting yelled at by Carly, Carly even commented on how he would always ask her what he had to do to win Sam's friendship. He was a good guy, and Sam was finally starting to see this (and why Carly was into him).

"It's not that I don't like you, Griffin," said Sam while she was trying to figure out how to phrase her next comment. She wasn't willing to tell Griffin that she was in love with Carly, so she had to navigate this conversation carefully. "It's...I...I'm...I'm just very protective of Carly. I know you two already broke up once already and I didn't want her to get her hopes up to be surprised by one of your weird hobbies again."

Griffin laughed and took the first bite of his meal. He chewed and took a sip of soda as Sam waited for his response

"Well, the Pee Wee Babies are long gone, Sam," said Griffin as he shook his head with a smile. "I only have manly hobbies now. Riding motorcycles, fixing cars, stuff like that." Griffin developed a puzzled look on his face as he went in for another bite of food. Sam waited patiently as she could tell he had more to say. "Carly mentioned you had made a weird comment to her last night before everything went crazy."

Sam felt her anxiety rise. She knew exactly what Griffin was talking about it. It was the moment Sam decided she was going to express her love for Carly, but then was cut off by the guy sitting in front of her. She tried to play dumb.

"Oh, that's strange, what weird comment?" asked Sam, trying her best to convince Griffin that she hadn't a clue what he was talking about.

"She said you told her that you loved her and that she wasn't understanding what you were trying to tell her, something along those lines."

Sam's cheeks developed a slight pink tint. Was Carly onto her? Did she give away enough information in that one statement that Carly had made the assumption that she was into her? All these questions raced through Sam's mind. She didn't know what to say, so she simply denied remembering what had happened.

"I don't really remember saying anything like that," lied Sam. "Everything happened so quickly after the web show, it was a blur."

To her relief, Griffin didn't press her further on the subject. They continued their meal and it was actually quite enjoyable. They chatted about their personal lives and realized that they had quite a bit in common. They both loved motorcycles, they had similar tastes in music, and they both loved breaking laws. Once they were done eating, Sam hopped on the back of Griffin's motorcycle and he dropped her off at home.

"Thanks for lunch today, Sam," said Griffin as he took his helmet off while sitting on his bike. "I love that shirt by the way, it looks good on you, I should tell Carly to get one just like it, I'll catch you around." He then slipped his helmet back on and sped off and Sam gave him a wave.

Sam was feeling good. She had a great lunch with Griffin and he had fully accepted her apology. Now, she needed to give Carly a call.