Chapter 7: iThink You Look Great

Friday rolled around which meant it was time for Carly's big date. The gang was filling up their backpacks at their lockers with their homework for the weekend.

"Big night tonight, Carly!" Freddie said as he walked over.

Sam, who was beside Carly, gave him a look that sent tingles down his spine. He didn't seem to notice as he was busy waiting for Carly's response.

'It's just a date, Freddie, it's no big deal." Carly replied nonchalantly. "Besides, we already dated once and it didn't work out so my hopes aren't up."

'Well, I hope you have a great time tonight, let me know how it goes," said Freddie.

Carly gave a smile and a "thanks" and she and Sam walked past him to head back to the Bushwell Plaza. As Sam passed him she punched Freddie right in the gut. He paused for a moment, trying to hold his lunch down, and then he slowly fell to the floor.

Gibby walked over to Freddie and stood over him. "What are you doing on the ground?" Gibby asked, very confused to see Freddie hunched over holding his stomach.

"Sa, Sa, Sam pun- pun-"

"Just say it already!"

Freddie finally regained the air that Sam knocked out of him and stood back up. "Sam punched me!"

"Well did you deserve it?"

"No!" Freddie shouted as if Gibby was asking a stupid question.

"What are you doing tonight Freddie, you want to go to build a bra?"

"Why would I want to go to build a bra, and didn't they ban you from that place?"

Gibby smirked and pulled out a hat, wig, and fake mustache from his backpack. He started to dress himself with the items as Freddie watched in horror. "See, they won't know it's me."

Freddie was repulsed and responded, "Go home, Gibby."

"Fine, I'll hang out with my mom then. She thinks I'm awesome."

It was nearing seven o'clock and it was almost time for the big date. Griffin would be here to pick up Carly any minute. Spencer was busy working on a new sculpture at the edge of the living room near the kitchen. It was a gigantic sock made of smaller socks for his buddy, Socko. The sculpture stood six feet tall and Spencer had just about finished it. He was working on adding a few more socks to the body before he wrapped up his project.

Sam wasn't paying much attention to him. She was busy munching on a Galini's coconut cream pie that she found in the fridge.

"Sam!" Carly screamed from her room upstairs. "Can you come up here for a second?"

"Can't, I'm eating pie! Just come down here!" Sam shouted back.

Carly let out an annoyed grunt and started to make her way down the stairs. Once she reached the bottom step, she wanted to get the room's opinion.

"How do I look?" Carly asked both Sam and Spencer.

Carly stood infront of the stairs wearing a red flowy dress covered in white Hawaiin flowers that ended a few inches above her knees. She wore all-red high heels that also matched her lipstick. Her makeup gave her a glow and her dark hair was curled to perfection.

Sam looked over and her jawed dropped. She was halfway through a bite of pie when it fell from her mouth onto the couch. She gazed at Carly up and down a few times and felt her heart rate jump. She looked beautiful. Sam wished that Carly was getting all dressed up for a date with her, but Griffin was the lucky man tonight.

"Wow, you look great!" Spencer said while staring at Carly as a proud big brother. "You're growing up too fast."

'Thanks, Spence, Sam what do you think, do I look good?" Carly asked, hoping for Sam's approval.

Sam paused for a moment, wondering how to respond. She knew that Carly looked as pretty as ever. One part of her brain was telling her to lie and express that Carly doesn't look good in an effort to sabotage her date. The other part of her brain was telling her to be honest and tell Carly how great she looked. While Sam had no problem lying whenever she needed to in her favor, she couldn't lie this time. Despite her being jealous and hurt that Carly was going on a date, she couldn't bring herself to ruin it for Carly.

"I am not sure if I've ever seen a prettier girl, Carls," Sam said, fully telling the truth.

"Aw you, think so? I wasn't sure if the dress was too much."

KNOCK KNOCK

"Oh that must be Griffin, I'll get it," Carly announced.

She walked over to the door and opened it to find Griffin standing there. He was dressed in all black, wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket. His hair as usual had a tamed messy look as he stood with his back against the door frame. He looked Carly up and down, similar to the way Sam had.

"You look awesome, Carly," Griffin said with a big smile. "It's great to see you."

Carly had a big smile on her face and invited Griffin in to say hello to Sam and Spencer.

After a quick greeting, Carly and Griffin made their way back to the front door to start making their trip to the Cheesecake Warehouse.

"Keep my sister safe!" Spencer shouted across the apartment as the two gave a final wave before closing the door behind them.

"I hope that kid doesn't turn out to be a weirdo again, we don't need any of those in this apartment," Spencer said to Sam.

Sam turned to Spencer as he was finishing his giant sock sculpture. She gave a slight laugh and said "As if we don't have one of those in here already."

"Sam I don't think your wei-"

Spencer then realized she was talking about him and frowned. "I'm not weird! I'm just a guy that likes to make weird things!"

Sam laughed again at Spencer. She then walked into the kitchen to grab a paper towel to clean up the pie that had flung out of her mouth. After ripping off a piece, she walked back to the couch to clean up her mess.

"I hope tonight doesn't go well," Sam mentioned. "I don't really like that Griffin kid, I think she could do much better."

"I just want her to be happy and have a good time," Spencer replied.

"But don't you think she should date someone who is not a criminal?"

"Her best friend's a criminal so I guess she has a certain taste," Spencer said as he was hysterically laughing at his diss towards Sam.

Sam stared back at Spencer and raised her eyebrows which gave off a "Are you really going to go there?" attitude. Spencer's laugh slowly died down and he started to work on his sculpture again, afraid to look back at Sam.

"In all seriousness, I think you should be happy for her, Sam. She hasn't had a date in a really long time and maybe this kid will be good for her this time around."

Sam was conflicted. Of course, she wanted Carly to be happy. But if happy meant Carly dating another person, Sam had trouble coming to terms with that reality. When Carly dated guys in the past, it never affected Sam. But Sam didn't feel the way she does about Carly the last time she had a boyfriend in her life.

Freddie's words kept ringing in her ears. Freddie suggested that she share her feelings with Carly as soon as possible. Sam wasn't and still doesn't feel ready to share her feelings, but she didn't expect a boy to pop up so quickly after her conversation with Freddie. Would Carly have gone on this date with Griffin if she had shared her feelings? Would Sam be the one going on a date with Carly tonight if she told her she loved her? All these questions swirled around Sam's mind. The more she thought about it, the more upset she became. She was eager to hear how her date went come morning and she was hoping for the worst. Instead of driving herself crazy sitting in the Shay's apartment thinking about Carly, she decided to leave and go do something to clear her mind.

"I'm gunna go to the nursing home and steal money from old people, I'll see you later, Spence."

"Okay, later Sam, have a good night," Spencer replied, completely unfazed by Sam's usual antics.