Breakfast 🍳

They all sit in a restaurant for breakfast. It's awkwardly silent for the first few minutes as no one knew how to start the conversation. Wrenn could feel his gaze still strong on her from across the table.

" So, Wrenn! Tell us about yourself. What's your stand? I didn't see you use it." The old man she learned was Mr. Joestar said finally breaking the silence.

" I can't tell you that." She says blankly as she sat back in her seat, crossing her arms over her chest.

" Wha- why not?!" Mr. Joestar exclaims with confusion on his face.

" How do I know that Dio didn't just send you all to take me to him?" She said in retort to his question.

" What do you mean? Jotaro saved you and you still don't trust us." Polnareff questioned shocked at how Wrenn was acting.

" I've been doing this a while." She says leaning forward putting her elbows on the table." I've learned to trust no one. Especially the nice ones." She finished looking right into Jotaro's eyes who's were already on her.

" Look Miss. Wrenn, if we were sent from Dio don't you think we would have just attacked already." The man named Avdol said. She looked over at him and her brows raised slightly at his warm and comforting expression." There are five of us, and no offence I think we could take you." He finished. His presence made her relax slightly. She took in his words and thought for a second. He did have a point there. She knew she wouldn't have a chance. Especially after seeing Jotaro's stand in action. She looks from Avdol to Jotaro. He still had the same cold stare, watching her every move as he took didn't yet trust her either.

" You got a problem?" She suddenly asks Jotaro with raised eyebrows shaking her head a little.

" Yeah, you." He said, his expression not changing the least." Don't quite have you figured out yet."

" What's that supposed to mean?" Wrenn asked putting both her hands on the table and leaned forward, challenging the man across her.

" How and I know Dio didn't send you and you were just playing victim to-" Jotaro started just to get cut off by Mr. Joestar.

" Okay okay. Calm down you two." He said holding his hands up, the two still glaring at each other.

" Wrenn, we both seem to have the same goal: To take out Dio. We would be glad to have you fighting on our side. We will be boarding a ship tonight. If you decide you would like to continue on with us meet us at the docks." The old man says to her. She's not sure if she should or shouldn't. Should she trust them or should she not. It's been just her for what felt like so long. How was she supposed to just go against her instincts and take a chance.

She was in deep thought for a while, not really hearing the conversation around her. Her eyes made way unconsciously to Jotaro. He was still staring at her. Although less coldly, as he looked like he too was deep in thought.

" Well Wrenn, we hope to see you later?" Kakyoin says, in a slight questioning tone with his brows raised. She hadn't even noticed that everyone had stood up and started to leave. Her head snaps towards the cherry haired boy who was looking at her softly. She just looks at him for a moment truly thinking. After a while she gives him the slightest of smiles and shrugs her shoulder. He returned the smile and continued out of the restaurant. She looked over and saw Jotaro holding the door for all of them. Before he left he gave Wrenn another glance, his face unreadable to her.

What should she do. Continue on by herself or join up with the crusaders and take a chance?

•••••

Hey guys sorry for the shortish chapter I will update with another sometime soon. It's currently in process as we speak. Toodles 😸🐥