Tour

After letting Will check my vitals and stuff to make sure I was alright to function properly, I was released from the infirmary. Nico insisted on showing me around since I didn't remember anything and after a lot of arguing, screaming, and trying to convince him that I'd be able to find my own way around, we had finally left the infirmary and were on a tour of sorts.

We passed fields of strawberries, a forest, a giant farm house painted sky blue, twelve cabins made in a horseshoe shape, even more cabins in another area, a climbing wall (was that lava spewing out of it???), an archery range, an amphitheater, an open air pavilion that I assumed was the mess hall, a forge where kids were hammering their own weapons, stables (was I going crazy or did those horses have wings?), volleyball courts where campers and satyrs (thank you Ancient Greek class for giving me knowledge) played against each other, and an arena where kids would duel each other (I almost had a heart attack when a sword swung at me). All along the way, when Nico and I would pass people, they would smile and wave at me like we were old friends.

I felt like I should know these people some how, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I was lost in thought as Nico led me towards the separate set of cabins where he said mine was.

He noticed my look and took my hand. "Are you ok?"

The sudden touch made me jolt and I yanked my hand away. i looked up into his dark eyes. "Yeah. This is just all so bizarre to me."

He smiled sympathetically at me. "I know. I felt the same way. Come on. Let's go to your cabin."

I nodded and followed him through the giant buildings. I gazed up at them. "So which one is mine?"

"Cabin twenty-one; Nyx. its just up ahead."

I frowned. I vaguely remembered Nyx from my mythology books back at school. "Isn't she in Tartarus?"

He nods. "And that's where you were born."

"What do you mean?"

He chuckled. "This sounds really awful, but you were born in hell."

I stifled a laugh. "You're joking."

"No I'm not. You were born in Tartarus and stayed there until you were two. After your second birthday your mother sent you here to the mortal world to live with your father."

I frowned. "Did I know this before I, you know, lost my memory?"

He nods. "And you were so crazy that every winter break you would travel down to Tartarus to go find her."

"Did I ever reach her?"

He shook his head sadly. "Not yet."

I frowned. "So I won't ever get to see her?"

He frowned. "Well, I wouldn't say that. There's a slim chance that she might be able to visit you in your dreams. But it's not unusual for demigods to never meet their parents or if they do it's only once in their life."

I looked at him. "Who's your godly parent then?"

He looked down like he was skeptical about how I would react. "Hades. Lord of the dead."

I raised an eyebrow. "Nice. So you literally have the dead at your fingertips?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I do."

I grinned. "Then you've got to be some sort of Ghost King."

Nico's POV:

I can't believe it. She called me Ghost King. That was what she would always call me back when she was here at camp. It was like her pet name for me.