"Oh, I um..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Tell me! Jeez, why weren't you picking up your phone?" he demanded. His face had gone red, and my eyebrows furrowed as my heart ached with guilt for making him worry like this, yet again. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that my boss was fucking my brains out.

"I uh, was busy. That's all" I stammered; my cheeks turning red with embarrassment.

He sighed loudly, "You know, I don't like this attitude of yours. You're being so distant, so mysterious, almost as if you're hiding something."

"W-what are you talking about Aaron?" I stuttered; my heart was beating so fast it hurt. Did he suspect that I was seeing someone else? Was he going to break up with me?

His gaze softened as he cupped my cheeks with his large palms, "Sweetheart, I don't know what you're going through but I don't want you to be distant" he said leaning forward and kissing my cheek.

My breath hitched as his hot breath brushed my skin. My heartbeat continued to thunder wildly in my chest, I felt uncomfortable with the kisses, with his touch. Something was off, very wrong.

Aaron pulled away from me and placed a gentle hand on my arm, "Listen, I'm getting kind of worried about you, I hope you're okay" he said, scratching the back of his head.

"I just wanted to see you first, I have to go to my apartment" he said softly, staring deeply into my eyes.

The corners of my mouth twitched upwards slightly, trying to maintain an emotional barrier. My body started to tremble as he reached up to kiss me again.

This time it was longer and deeper, and his touch more passionate, he pulled me close to him as we kissed.

My body was craving someone else's touch, and not Aaron's ; my desire intensified as the heat from his touch became unbearable. I pushed Aaron away and backed into the wall, my breathing growing heavy.

"Yo-ou should go" I stuttered , trying to sound confident. My eyes flashed as he gazed down at me. An unreadable look passed over his eyes before he shook his head with a sigh.

"What's wrong with you?" he growled.His voice was laced with annoyance, but there was a hint of concern underneath his anger.

"Nothing is wrong" I replied calmly; I didn't want to risk another argument with Aaron, not after everything that happened. I wasn't sure I wanted our relationship to end right now. The thought alone caused me pain.

"You should get going, you should rest" I murmured looking up at him softly. He let out another exasperated sigh and walked toward the door.

Before leaving, he glanced at me over his shoulder, "Call me if you need anything" he said as he slipped his shoes on. With a curt nod, he left, the door closing behind him.

I fell back onto the couch, letting out a groan; I knew what I wanted, yet what do I do about it? Why am I so afraid?

I buried my face into my hands and let out a muffled scream. This is all too familiar to me, every time I try to have a good experience it always ends up in disaster.