013 - "Except for Gally"

Start from the beginning

"Can you walk?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I hope. Haven't tried it yet."

"Then we will now."

It didn't hurt to stand on my leg, but the thought of walking and putting weight on it scared me, making me shiver. It felt so weird. "This is scary."

"If you fall, I'll catch you." He reassured me, though I wasn't reassured. "Trust me."

"I don't," I muttered. Eventually, I took a deep breath and stepped forward with my left leg, the one that wasn't broken. Well, neither of them was broken anymore, but you know...

"Aah," I yelled at the weird feeling. "I don't like this."

I looked at Gally, who was searching through a notebook. My notebook. His eyebrows were furrowed, but his eyes were playful.

"Give that back!" I ordered, afraid and angry at once. "That's mine and no one else's, so you should not be reading that." 

He took steps away from me. Each time he did, I took steps forward at him, only focusing on the notebook.

He grinned. "Didn't know you could write poems, Ginger."

"Give me that," I said through my teeth. It didn't impress him in the slightest.

He walked all the way away from me until his back hit the wall. I kept walking toward him, grabbing the notebook out of his hands.

He still grinned. An unusual lot, staring at something behind me. I turned around and found my bed multiple feet behind me. My breathing got stuck in my throat.

"You can walk. All the way across the room."

"No, but you- no!" I stammered, ashamed he could distract me like that. "You distracted me. That's not fair."

"Does not change anything about the fact you walked here. And why wouldn't it be fair?" He chuckled in victory.

I shook my head, hoping to look angry, even though I was proud I did it. "Just do not open my notebook again."

"I'll think about it." He replied. "Now, let's go outside."

Before I had the chance the grumble, he pulled me with him by my arm.

Walking didn't feel the most comfortable, but the pain wasn't that bad. Each time I stepped forward with my left leg, a ton of weight made my limp sting. When I stepped with the right one, it felt like a spark of... electricity hit it. 

He opened the front door of the Homestead without giving me a warning, and daylight brightened my eyes. I blinked a few times, afraid I would get blinded. The sun immediately fell on my skin, giving a warmth, but also uncomfortable dampness.

"Can we go back?"

"No."

"But-."

"Nope."

I sighed, a natural habit by now, and tucked some hair behind my ear. "What are we gonna do then? I won't be having a tea party with everyone if that's what you expect."

"We'll get lunch."

"And then?"

"Eat it."

"Wow, Captain Obvious."

"You asked what we would do."

"Who are we gonna sit with?"

"I see a table with Ben and Winston. You like those two, right?"

"They're fine."

"Awesome."
He took my arm again. I looked down, he told me to look up. I walked tiredly, he told me to look confident.