Reflection of Past

MUMBAI

HOTEL BLUEMOON

"Bheja hai vo marm, seene mein tha jo dafn, par kaanch ki kirchon si li jagah dard ne hai li isme, koi jagah bachti nahi tumhare naseeb ki ismein" he recited the poem with a painful voice.

"Wow! Aapka andaaz toh bahot shaayrana hai" the girl sitting before him exclaimed.

Vineet was brought back from his trail of thoughts and he again smiled painfully.

"Ji koi shayar nahin hun, bas yunhi" Vineet replied lightly.

Just then a person took a seat next to the two and it surprised them. Vineet was a bit surprised but also irritated with his presence.

"Ji haan mera dost toh shayar hai, aap ek aada sher hi suna deejiye" he asked eyeing the girl.

The girl was confused and she gave him a strange look "Excuse me!"

"Ms. Tamanna, mere dost ko aapne kabse shayari ki dukaan bana ke rakha hai, ek aada ghazal toh aap bhi pad deejiye Mohtarma" he argued.

"Aaryan tu ye kya kar raha hai?" asked Vineet irritatedly.

"Bas ye dekhne ki koshish ki ye mohtarma aapke laayak hain ya nahi"

"What nonsense!" the girl muttered angrily.

"Nonsense? Arey main toh bas..." Aaryan tried to interrupt.

"Aaryan, kya kar raha hai tu!" Vineet tried to stop him.

"Vineet, apne is badtameez dost se kaho yahan se chale jaye, humari date na spoil kare" Tamanna complained.

Vineet heard Tamanna, he eyed her and said "Look Tamanna, I know Aaryan is a little annoying lekin..."

"Little annoying? Aaryan, puri date spoil kar di hai isne hamari...poora mood spoil kar diya, badtameez!!" Tamanna argued.

She got up and turned to Aaryan "Look, Aaryan...apni ye bandar si shakal lo aur yahan se chale jao samjhe!" she warned him

Vineet couldn't hear further and growled "Tamanna! Wo jaisa bhi hai, mera dost hai, usay insult karne ka haq maine kisi ko nahi diya"

"Lekin Vineet!!" Tamanna tried to argue further but Vineet stopped her with the gesture of a hand. Tamanna took a deep sigh and left the place.

Vineet eyed Aaryan and was irritated again as he was unaffectedly having the starters that Tamanna and Vineet had ordered for their dinner. Vineet slaps his head from behind. Aaryan shrugged asking as to what happened.

"Besharam! Meri date ko bhaag gai, aur tu maze se starters kha raha hai" Vineet complained.

"Arey, toh meri kya galti? Maine thodi teri date ko bhagaya, khud bhaagi hai, in fact tune bhagaya hai usay haan" Aaryan told him.

Vineet glared at him asking "Maine bhagaya? Saale! kisne bola tha tujhe yahan aane ke liye, aur agar aana hi tha, toh setup hi kyu ki meri ye date? Tu bhi ajeeb hai Aaryan, khud date set karta hai aur khud bigaadne aa jaata hai"

"Date set karna, vo mera job, aur tujhe galat ladki se bachana, vo mera farz, samjha" Aaryan explained.

Vineet slaps his head and murmured "Aise toh ho gai meri shaadi"

Aaryan had a playful smile on his face and he continued with the dinner.

DELHI

LITTLE FLOWER SCHOOL

Manvi was waiting for Khushi outside the school. The moment had come for the students to leave the school. Soon, every student in the building began to leave. They were all happily rushing in the direction of their parents. Manvi grinned as well upon seeing everyone. She eagerly awaited Khushi's arrival. Khushi was nowhere to be seen despite her nearly ten minute wait. She was concerned since Khushi would typically be the first student to leave a class. She made the decision to wait for another five minutes, after which she would enter to check on Khushi if she was still missing.