Joy of little things

A lot was going through her mind. She had not left the place for more than three years now. She was in her late twenties and a single mother. The only reason she even stepped out of the house was to pick up groceries or daily needs and to pick up and drop her daughter for school. Her little angel had recently joined the school and she was in the process of learning the basics.

"Mummaaaa

"Mummaaaa....je toot gaya" her 4-year-old coed into her ears showing the broken crayon to her. Manvi's attention broke and she smiled upon hearing her words. She sat next to her on the floor. She saw the colourful crayon picture, which was something she couldn't recognise, but adored as it was drawn by her daughter. The little one again shows the crayon to her.

"Khushi bachha, dusra crayon lelo," said Manvi.

"Mumma mere saare crayons toot rahe hain, aap Popsy ko bolo na mere liye new crayon laane liye" she cutely said

"Khushi beta, Popsy jab aayenge tab bol dungi, abhi aap inhi broken crayons se kaam chalao na" Manvi explained her.

"Kab aayenge Popsy?" Khushi asked with a frown her lips turned out. Manvi was silent at that question, she didn't know when Khushi's Popsy would visit them. It had been more than a month ever since he had visited them the last time.

"Bahot jald, achha aap mumma ko batao ki aap kya bana rahe they?" Manvi asked looking at the three figures on the drawing paper which she had drawn.

"Mummaaa... je Khushi hai, je aap ho...aaulll je Popsy" she chuckled.

"Arey wah ye toh Khushi ne bahot achhi drawing banai hai" Manvi exclaimed.

"Mamma Popsy ko bulao na, mujhe unko bhi ye drawing dikhani hai" Khushi insisted.

"Beta maine kaha na, Popsy abhi busy hain, aa jayenge" Manvi tried to explain.

"Kab aayenge" an upset Khushi asked.

"Aa gaya" came the voice from the door. Manvi and Khushi turned around to find a cute and handsome person standing at the door.