When we get to class, Wesley and I pair up while Baron sits with his lab partner Kristie. They've been paired up since sophomore year and its obvious that they have feelings for each other, being the two smartest people in our grade but they've never acted on their feelings.

"When do you think he'll ask her out?" Wesley asks playing with one of the beakers.

"Never." I reply.

"Suck a loser." Wesley snickers.

"I can hear you two." Baron says making both of us laugh.

"Care to share the joke with the rest of the class." Mrs. Turner demands from the front of the class.

"No ma'am." Wesley answers putting on a straight face while I only shake my head.

"Behave in my class or I'll be forced to separate you two." She demands.

I open my text book to the topic written on the board while Wesley keeps playing with the equipment laid out in front of us. He has the concentration span of a goldfish.

"Dude stop it." I scold him under my breath when he attempts to put the tip of a dropper into his mouth.

He pouts at me but puts it down only to pick up a test tube a few minutes later and proceeds to play with it.

"Stop." I demand taking it from him.

"You're no fun. This class is boring."

"Every class is boring to you."

"True so let's skip and go to the gym." He requests.

"No."

"Please."

"No!"

"Please."

"I said no!"

"Mr Carter!" Mrs Turner screeches from the front and the whole class turns to us.

The both of us sit up in shock caught in the act once again.

"Mr. Carter since you seem so keen on interrupting my class why don't you come up here and show the class how to solve this problem. And as you love talking so much, talk us through the whole process." She demands.

I glare at Wesley as I get up and walk up to the board where there is a chemical formula and equation. Lucky for me, I'm familiar with the concept so I quickly begin explaining it as I solve it.

Halfway through I feel someone staring at me through the door but when I turn there's no one there. I shrug it off as mere paranoia and manage to successfully finish the task.

"Good work but you two are still going to sit separately for the rest of the semester. Switch places with Matthew." Mrs Turner insists.

Wesley frowns that he'll be stuck with Matthew but it's his own doing so I grab my books and swap seats.

My new lap partner is Zoe. She's smart enough and doesn't talk during class unless we're prompted by the teacher so I know we'll make a good pair.

"You're a dick. I hate you." I cuss Wesley as we leave Chemistry class once it's over.

I don't like the fact that he got me into trouble on the first day of school during the first period.

"You love me, you always have and always will." He grins at me wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Fuck off." I grunt shaking him off me.

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" He asks with a laugh.