Part 10 - His hands on my thighs

The school was filled with buzzing chatter of the students and teachers but only none of them were invested in anything study related. It was almost the end of the year and like every other American school, it was time for the classic cliché prom. Jimin and Taehyung haven't spoke at all in a few weeks. They would make eye contact multiple times a day because there was no damn way of avoiding each other being in the same class and living together. Jimin was still pretending to be dating Yeonwoo and he pretty much has lost hope that Taehyung is as instigated as he hoped he'd be.

Currently Jimin is busy yelling at yeonwoo through the phone who was to be his supposed partner in helping him put up the last minute decorations before the big night tomorrow. The yelling was to no avail since he was left with not a single helping hand either ways. Things were pretty tight for everyone so he couldn't ask for help from any of his friends. So he decided to approach his homeroom teacher to talk to him about his situation.

"Park Jimin. Good morning. Do you need something? I thought u must be busy with prom decor. "

Jimin rubbed his nape, "well about that. My partner bailed on me. Is there by any chance I can get help from anyone else?" Just then they heard a huge clatter from behind them followed by gasps and disappointed tired wails. Both of their attention was brought towards the two coming towards them, one clearly being dragged by the angry other.

"Mr Steve I cannot work with Taehyung anymore! He's a mess and is clumsy as heck! My 8 year old brother could help me better." She yelled with an embarrassed Taehyung beside her. She stomped back on her own after conveying her complaint as Jimin burst out in laughter.

"Well I guess that gets you a partner then Jimin."

And then he stopped laughing realizing he wasn't supposed to give Taehyung that just yet. "Thanks Mr Steve." He eyed Taehyung indicating him to follow him as he walked back to the decorations he was working on. Taehyung followed behind knowing enough of what to do. His eyes spoke. "Hold this while I'm at it." He ordered taehyung, pointing towards the stool which was partly unbalanced due to the absence of a cap on one of the legs, as he stood up on up on it to put up the silvery decoration. It was obvious he was still struggling to put it up even with the stool on. "Aren't you too small to be doing that work?" Taehyung commented earning a scoff in return. Yes he is. Yeonwoo was supposed to do it.

"Why don't you do it then?" "You wouldn't be able to hold me if I climbed onto this. I'm pretty heavy." Jimin rolled his eyes, "Well do not comment if u have no solution." He proceeded to attempt to stick on the decorations, succeeding a little but still with great difficulty and time consumption. Impatient Taehyung, as he was always, sighed and spoke "You won't be done even by tomorrow at this rate."

An annoyed jimin gave him a glare but not answering anything because he knows Taehyung isn't completely wrong. "Get on my shoulders." This surprised jimin. "Are you kidding me?" Taehyung shook his head. "I know I'm not as tall as you but that doesn't mean I weigh like cotton candy." Taehyung rolled his eyes now, "Less talk more work Jimin. Shut up and get this done with quick so I can leave."

Finally Jimin obliged, climbing onto Taehyung's shoulders awkwardly as he isn't used to being carried on someone's shoulders like he's 6. But he did that anyways and he cannot admit that it did help him finish the work faster and easier. He couldn't help the tint of pink shading his cheeks with the feeling of Taehyung's huge hands holding onto his thick thighs, holding him up steady.
I hate him really. I hate how he always drives me so crazy without even trying.

They were done with the work in about 30 good minutes as Jimin finally got down Taehyung's shoulders. Taehyung groaned, massaging his shoulders. It was pretty hard holding him up for 40 minutes even if he was comparatively less heavy. "Thanks for the help. Good bye then." Jimin spoke, turning back to leave the hall before he was stopped by his wrist.
"Are u coming tomorrow..." Jimin looked back, "yeah no shit Sherlock."
Taehyung stared for a few seconds, "Alone?" Jimin tilted his head slightly, "Why would I come alone when I have Yeonwoo?" He asked, blinking showing his innocent eyes.

Taehyung let go of his wrist. "Kay." He said before leaving the hall and Jimin could swear he saw Taehyung clench his jaw, annoyance clearly showing. Jimin smirked.

I guess I did still instigate him after all.