23 - I was your wingwoman ! How could you not !

" Did you buy the tulips ? " ; I asked . 

" Yes " 

" You wore the jacket and jeans , right ? " 

" make sure to walk her home and maybe kiss " 

" Stacey , I will . I am hanging up before you drive me crazy " 

And then Booth hung up on me . 

I sighed as I placed my phone back on the table and joined Johnny on the track . Ben was watching both of us from the stands as we raced on our bikes . 

" Ready to do that trick again ? " ; Johnny asked . 

" As I ever will be " ; I said wearing my helmet . 

I got onto my bike and rode it full speed . After doing a couple of warm out laps , I was confident enough to do the leave the bike and get back on it trick . 

I failed , again . 

" Oh come on ! " ; I shouted , frustrated . 

" Stacey , I would really appreciate if you left that trick and did something else " ; mom said as she walked on the track . 

" No . I will do this . I can ! " ; I said stubbornly as I watched Johnny do the same trick perfectly . 

He cheered and tried to rub it in my face . I took off the bracelet and hit him with a small fire ball . 

That did nothing . He just laughed it off . So did Ben . 

" Come on , upstairs we go . We need to talk " ; mom said as she gently stirred me away from the track . 

" What is it ? " ; I asked as I stripped off my racing suit to reveal my normal clothes underneath . 

" You'll see " ; she said . 

We walked to the lab . Dad was also there . 

" Ooh , mini family meeting , what is it ? " ; I asked as I jumped on the table . 

They stared at me for a while . Oh God , did Booth blab ? Do they know ? 

" It wasn't my fault ! " ; I blurted . " I didn't mean to get arrested ! " 

" What ? ! " ; mom and dad  said simultaneously . 

" What ? " ; I asked . 

So that is not what they wanted to talk about ! Stupid Stacey ! 

" Nevermind . We have news for you " ; dad said . 

" Wait wait . After this news , I still will be the only child in this family , right ? " ; I asked . 

" What ? Yes , of course ! " ; mom said . 

" Alright then , go on " 

" We got engaged ! " ; mom said with a big smile and showcasing her ring to me . The sapphire one which I found in dad's drawers . 

I looked at dad accusingly . He gave me a sheepish smile . 

" How dare you not tell me ? I was your wingwoman ! How could you not ? I found that ring in your drawer ! " 

" You were busy with your exams and had already yelled bloody murder at Johnny when he had called you , so we decided to keep it a secret until you came back . We didn't want to disturb you " ; mom explained . 

" Still . I can't believe I missed it " ; i groaned . 

" By the way , I am very happy . This is like my dream come true . Congratulations " ; I said as I hugged both of them . 

" Thanks Stace . What was that about searching the drawers ? " ; mom asked .

" Oh . I love going through dad's  work drawers " ; I shrugged . 

" For what ? " ; he asked . 

" The black card ? " ; I lied . 

" You have your own card " ; he said . 

" Fine fine .   I look around for cases . Military cases that you guys work on cause I want to help ! " 

" Those are confidential " ; mom said . 

" How do you think you guys even defeated the handler ? " ; I asked , referring to the monster who had terrorized earth a couple years back . " I planted the idea for the Raygun " The Raygun was the gun that defeated the handler . 

" That was genius " ; dad said with a big smile as we high-fived . 

" No more snooping " ; he added seriously . 

" Okay " ; I  agreed . 

" And what was that about getting arrested ? " ; mom asked with narrowed eyes . 

Uh-oh ! 

" I hear my phone ringing . Do you hear it ? I do . Bye " ; I said as I ran out of the lab .