10 - Everybody keeps on telling me he is dangerous but no one tells me why !!!!

Reed's POV - 

Few minutes before Stacey's call -:

" There is no way she can know about that " ; Sue huffed . 

" She mentioned it last night and even demanded to know the truth . We have been lying to her for years at this point " ; I said . 

All four of us were in a meeting with General Hager . 

" Reed , what makes you think she has already met with Victor ? " ; Ben asked . 

" Space Mission Galactus was a highly sophisticated and experimental and confidential mission . Articles are not published about it online  . The only way she can even know about that is if she has already met with Victor and he supplied her the articles " ; I explained . 

" How ? " ; Johnny asked . 

" Well , her computer could have a virus " ; I said . 

" Whatever it is , we need to bring this under control . Von Doom cannot get his hands on her . If he does , she will be the greatest weapon of mass destruction and we will have no option but to kill her " ; General Hager said . 

" My daughter is not an object . Nobody is killing her ! " ; Sue said enraged . 

" It will not come to that " ; I said as I glared at Hager . The audacity ! 

Just then my phone rang . I picked it up and noticed that Stacey was calling me . 

" Hey darling , I am in a meeting , can I talk later ? " ; I asked apologetically . 

" Someone is shooting at us " ; she whimpered . 

" What ? " ; I stood up . So did everyone else . 

The call cut off after Booth spoke about how Stacey was unharmed and then she got shot. I managed to tell Booth to take her to the compound . 

" Stacey and Booth are in a car chase .  Someone is shooting at them , she just got shot " ; I said . 

" I will get to them . Send me their coordinates " ; Johnny said as got ready to fly into the sky . 

" Fifth avenue " ; Sue said , looking up from her phone . 

We both had trackers installed in Stacey's iPhone for her safety and she was well aware of that but sometimes she also did forget about it . 

Johnny flew out of the building while the rest of us exited the room and headed towards the scene as well . 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny's POV - 

When I reached the scene , the shooters were actively shooting at the car . I hit the shooters with fire and then they focused their attention on me . They started shooting but a transparent shield soon stopped them . Ben ran forwards and started fighting the guys along with Reed . Sue joined them and Reed and I got Booth and Stacey out of the car . 

It was not a bad wound , just a shoulder graze but Stacey was passed out . 

" She passed out from the fear " ; Booth said . 

He was shot too , back of the arm and leg . 

" Let's get you both out of here " ; I said as I helped Booth walk towards the black SUV's waiting for us . 

Reed carried Stacey and the fight was finally over . The guys were arrested by the Army and taken to camps to yield answers . 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stacey's POV - 

I woke up to the smell of disinfectants . Oh No ! Hospital ! No , I cannot be here . 

I tried to get up but was pushed back down on the bed . 

" Stacey Stacey ! You are not in the hospital , its not the hospital ! You are at the compound " ; mom said to me . 

I calmed down immediately . Not the hospital . Phew . 

" Booth , where's Booth ? " ; I asked . 

" In surgery . He is going to be okay " ; mom said . 

I sighed as I closed my eyes again . 

" Stace , I need you to tell me the truth , okay ? " ; mom said softly as she sat beside me . 

" When have I ever lied ? " ; I joked . 

She chuckled . 

" Did you meet with Victor Von Doom ? " ; she asked . 

" Yes " 

" Where ? " 

" Don't get angry but I am going to throw dad under the bus here and say that he let me go to the charity after you said no . I met him there " 

" Did he approach you ? What did he say ? " 

" I found him and he talked first . He , I don't remember what he said " 

" Okay , that's okay . Did you meet him today ? " 

" He came and sat at the table while at lunch " 

" Stacey , you need to stay away from him . He is dangerous " 

" Why ? Everybody keeps telling me he is dangerous but no one tells me why ! What did he do that made him so damn dangerous . Was it Space Mission Galactus ? Did something happen ? Who is he ? What does he mean to all of you ? " 

" One day , I will explain everything " 

" When mom ? When ? " 

" Stacey , not now . You need to rest " 

" Is he related to any of us ? " 

Mom froze . 

" I used to work for him . We all did . That is all I am saying and no more questions till you are out of here " 

I huffed . Mom sighed as she kissed my forehead . 

" Just trust me a little longer . I love you sweetheart " 

" I love you too mom "