Chapter 20 ➼ Story Time

Start from the beginning

"He is so sweet" I say thoughtfully.

"That he is" says Jo. "I am glad he will be a part of us Marchs as he should be" she tells me with a smile.

"What other tales do you have on our boy?" I ask them. "I am sure there are many others"

I glanced over next door at the house I was going to soon live in with Laurie. I spot him beside the window deep in thought. He must feel my gaze upon him.

Then he glances up at me. Our eyes meet. And I smile. He smiles back. He nods. He blows me a kiss. I giggle. Then look away. I must or I shall want to go see him and it was too late in the night for that.

•✿•

"He saved our Beth the first time. We were worried about taking Marmee away from Father. But he sent for her to come home right off. And I was so grateful I cried in his arms thanking him deeply. We all were so glad. If he had not sent for her then Beth would have died much sooner that night" sighs Jo. "he is an angel sometimes our boy"

"Wow!" I sigh. "no wonder when I moved here you could not wait for me to meet" I remark.

"I knew you two would hit it off. We were not meant for one another. We clashed and it would not work" laughs Jo. "but you two work"

"Yes, we sure do" I agree.

"I have a Laurie story" says Amy.

"Do tell" I say to her.

"When Beth first got sick, I was sent to aunt March's and I was scared. Laurie road with me. He told me if she was unkind to me in anyway then he would visit me everyday. And he was true to his word. He came to see me. And I was crazy about boys as I always am. I said what if I get sick and die and I never had been kissed? That I was waiting my whole life to be kissed" giggles Amy. "he told me he would kiss me before I died"

"This makes me love him even more" I sigh. "I am sad my parents died. But I am so glad to be here now with all of you. And with him"

"We are happy you are here to" Jo says as we hug. We clean-up for the night. So Hannah does not get mad at us for leaving a mess.

Then we get ready for bed. Being careful not to wake Marmee or uncle. This was going to be one of the few nights all of us March girls were under one roof still. It was so nice to have.

I wished Meg and Beth could be here with us too. But I knew they were in spirit. I noticed a letter on my nightstand. It was from Laurie!

I giggle then grab it right away to read it. I sit on my bed beside the candlelight. How had he managed to sneak this into my room? Without me noticing it? He was full of surprises. I smile feeling loved and thought of. That warmed my heart. I opened my letter.

•✿•

Dearest Sweetheart,

I had Jo place this letter in your room for you tonight. I wanted a reminder of me before you went to bed. For these words to be placed in your heart from mine. I know there will be a time when we won't need letters, we can express our feelings every night in person. But until we can we can this way. You say I will get sick of you no I won't at all. I know because you are my dreams at night. You excite me when I wake to know I am going to see you. And you make me plan for a better future for my own life. I love you sweetheart. Go to sleep knowing you will see my smile tomorrow and feel my arms once more. Sweet dreams my love.

Yours Forever,

Laurie

I had to write him back. What a lovely surprise. That Jo helped him place this here for me. It was so sweet. I never had a boy to that for me before. Ever.

I wondered if my father used to write letters to my mother like this? Or my uncle to Marmee. I would have to ask her one day. I get some paper to write back a letter for tomorrow.

My Dearest Laurie,

I loved this letter and I will treasure it with my heart. I will read it every night until we are together forever. I feel the same way for you. You are so kind to me. I was telling Jo I know I am sad that my parents are gone. But my family is here. And my heart is yours. I am glad to find my future husband here. I was lead here. I was meant to be here. I cannot wait to be your wife because you my dear sweet boy have my very heart. I know you will never break it. I shall never break yours. I will be dreaming of you and when I can see you tomorrow. I love you Laurie. I love you so very much.

Yours Fiona

I smile as I fold it up. And then I seal the envelope with some wax I heat over the candle. And I have it ready for tomorrow to give to him. 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
мσяє тσ cσмє!!
------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|