DISROBING DRAUPADI

Start from the beginning

Bheema turned furiously towards Yudhishthira, "Brother, look at Draupadi. Look at her. LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE." Yudhishthira was silent, he did not speak anything, which made Duryodhana laugh. 

"See your brother knows well,"

He turned to Draupadi, "Maid now come and serve your new master."

Draupdi's chest heaved up and down, tears streaming down her face, "DURYODHANA YOU ARE A FOOL. Do you think I will be a slave to you just because you won me in a dice game? I was born from the Yajna as a maiden. I don't have a childhood. I am pure as fire. Do not mess with me Duryodhana.."

"...or I will burn you" Dushasana finished her sentence in a mocking tone, "Her words are idle threats, brother. She screamed those words when I was in her chambers," 

Draupadi turned towards Maharaj sobbing, "Maharaja Dhritarashtra, I am a daughter-in-law of the Kuru clan, your clan, your family. Why did such injustice befall me?.... In this court, your son is not only insulting me but the entire Kuru family. Is this how the Chandra Vamsa treats its daughters-in-law? TELL ME MAHARAJA" Draupadi was screaming at the top of her lungs. 

Maharaj Dhritarashtra was tongue-tied. He could stop whatever happening, but he won't. The love for his son blinded him once again. He was silent. 

She then turned to Pitamah Bhishma, "Ganga putra, Pitamaha you are the son of the holiest river of all. Your mother helps us mortals to wash away the sins we committed. But do you think this sin can be washed away by you all? Dragging the daughter-in-law to the court, ordering her to serve as a slave."  Bhishma's eyes were filled with tears, he couldn't even lift his head.

"What a pity Draupadi, Pitamah Bhishma is not in a position to help you." Shakuni pitied. "Pitamah Bhishma is bound by his oath, he is a servant just like you. He took an oath on that day saying that he will forever be the servant of the throne. Aren't you Pitamah?" 

His eyes were red, but he could not speak further, Why? because it is true. He is just a servant of the Hasthinapur throne. 

Draupadi couldn't stop her tears, She then turned to Guru Drona, "Guru Dronacharya, what reasons do you have? please tell. I am your best friend's daughter, haven't I? You often tell me that you always see me as your daughter. So is this how you sit and watch your daughter being assaulted? You are sitting there watching this injustice? All of these people here aren't your pupils? Is that what you taught? To mortify a woman?"

She was throwing questions at him, that pricked his heart like needles. But he did not say anything.

"Minister Vidura, you too? Everyone says that you are a form of Dharma Deva himself. But today where are your ethical justice?"

None of them answered her making her more enraged.

"WHY NO ONE IS SPEAKING ANYTHING?"

Draupadi fell to the ground sobbing heavily. 

Vidura stood up and went before Dhritarashthira, he knelt on the ground and joined his palms, "Brother, please I beg you, please stop this, Just think about our brother Pandu. How much pain will he be in, If his soul knows what his family going through now. Please brother stop this." tears were pricking his eyes.

Dhritarashtira hesitated for a moment which made Duryodhana panic, Sakuni stepped in. "Minister Vidura, Yudhishthira knew the rules when he stepped into the game. I think we are playing a fair game, isn't it Yudhisthira?"

Draupadi looked at her husband, he lifted his head at looked at her. He tore his gaze away from her. She knew how he always acted on Dharma.

But today, at this moment everyone is thinking about their dharma, their duties their right but not about the justice they tend to serve. Draupadi was completely broken. She knew now it was all up to her to save her dignity. 

"Do not waste our time Draupdi, come. Sit on my lap," Duryodhana called her patting his thighs. He let out a deep laugh.

Pandava's head snapped towards him at once, "DURYODHANA, you crossed your limits. I will kill you today this moment." Bheema attempted to run towards him with other Pandavas behind him, but Duryodhana's brothers and guards held them back.

"Have you got no shame Duryodhana, she is our family, our daughter-in-law, Maharaja I beg you please stop this." Bhishma was begging Dhritarashthira.

"How dare you Duryodhana, she is the epitome of Chastity and purity. Unlike us she is a fire-born princess, have you forgotten,"  Guru Drona got up from his seat screaming at him.

"Daughter-in-law? Guru Deva, she got married to five men and had children with all of them, she is nothing but a WHORE" Karna shouted the last word. That word echoed around the courtroom. 

"KARNA," Arjuna screamed across from the room. His eyes were red, Even though they were enemies Arjuna respected him but today, all the respect he had for him had just been wiped out.

"Karna be a man and fight with me Why slander a woman," Arjuna shouted, trembling with anger. Bheema was shouting at Duryodhana, Nakula and Sahadeva were fighting with Dushana.

But amid all of this stood Draupadi, silently watching everything.

Her heart was crushed, and her dignity was shattered, but deep down she knew the worst to come yet. The tears were streaming silently as she took in her surroundings.

"ENOUGH" shouted Duryodhana. 

"NONE.OF.YOU.HAVE.RIGHTS.TO.SPEAK" Duryodhana spoke through gritted teeth. Pandavas were held in a place. In everything happening Yudhishthira did not utter a single word.

"I won everything from you fair and square. I won your Kingdom, I won every one of you including your WIFE Draupadi. Now you all belong to me. Draupadi too,"

Her eyes were red like a burning fire, and her tears were hot, "I will never serve you Duryodhana, But know one thing I will be the cause of your death."

Duryodhana smirked at her, "You won't serve me? Right Draupadi, fine then. Dushasana Disrobe her."

Duryodhana words send a chill down her spine, Disrobe?  Now Draupadi knew not even herself could save her dignity. Everyone was dumbfounded. No one dared to come forward.

Except,

"Brother, stop, do not do this, please. This is a sin she is our family. Do remember that we too have a mother, wife, and daughter. Please do...."

"Vikarna, are comparing them to her. This woman is not even eligible for comparison with them." Karna spat his words.

Yuyutsu stepped forward, "But Brother Karna, do you think this Dharma, disrobing a woman in front of a court?"

"You are in no place to speak, Do not forget about your place Yuyutsu," Dushasana sneered at him making him step back. 

He looked at Draupadi and then lowered his gaze. 

Dushana stepped forward and stood in front of her. He flashed a wicked smile and grabbed her pallu. Draupadi stared at him before closing her eyes and joining her palms. When she feels that her saree slipping she mutters one word, 

"Madhava"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers...!!!

                 A very long chapter I see..... Updates will be there in upcoming days. Please do like and comment for the chapters.

               Comment your favourite characters....from the epic story.