FINALLY YOURS

Subhadra was too stunned to speak. Her eyes constantly moved from Krishna to Arjuna. 

"Prince Ar-Arjuna," her voice was more of a whisper. She could not believe that the person standing before her is Arjuna.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath and regained her composure. She speaks in a clear and calm voice, "Brother Krishna, you should have told us. Why didn't you tell us this is Aunt Kunthi's beloved son."

"Subhadra, it had to be that way. Anyways since his Exile is over, he is returning to his kingdom now"

Subhadra was glad to know that his exile is over. But she was now a ball of mixed emotion, happy to see him, shocked to know that the hermit is Arjuna, embarrassed that she confessed she loved him. angry that not even Arjuna told her the truth about him.

"Prince Arjuna, it was my pleasure to serve you during your exile and I'm glad to see you. When you returned to your kingdom, please send my wishes to others."

Subhadra was ready to leave without giving him a chance to speak. "Is that it, Subhadra? Are you going to pretend nothing between us?" Arjuna asked her retrieving figure making her stop in her tracks. 

Krishna cleared his throat, "I will be back after preparing a chariot for your departure Arjuna." He smiled at both of them and went out.

"Prince Arjuna, we have nothing between us. Please accept my apology if I said anything wrong." When she was about to get out of the hut. Arjuna stepped in front of her. 

"Subhadra, please listen to me."

"Prin...."

"Marry me" 

The shock was evident on her face. She couldn't bring herself to speak. She was too stunned.

"But...But, Prince Arjuna, you have married not once but thrice. Your 1st wife is waiting for you in Indraprastha, the fire-born princess is there for you, why would you want to marry me?  I am also aware of your vows of not having your other wives in Indraprastha. Do you think it will be easy for you to marry me? Do you think you can just marry me and leave me here, in my home? Do I look like a trophy for your political alliance? Are you thinking that if you marry me instead of Duryodhana, you can win the alliance for Pandavas?  Is the support of my brother Krishna not enough for you?" Subhadra's eyes begin to glisten. Everything that she bottled up is now bursting, and she couldn't control herself.

Arjuna did not know how to react to her sudden outburst, he could only think how much she have suffered. He took a step close to her, "Subhadra, shhh." he made her stop talking.

"Subhadra, look into my eyes and saw whether am I lying. You made your way into my heart on the very first day of our meeting in Hasthinapur. I did not realize back then. I admit I am in love with my first wife Draupadi, like everyone says, she is the most beautiful fire-born princess." hearing that Subhadra's heart squeezed a little.

"But you are no lesser than her. You are the first most beautiful woman I have met. When I first saw you, you are just a little sister who loves mischief and pranks. But now all I see is a beautiful, confident, and bold woman, but you are still doing mischief and pranks" Arjuna smiled making her glare at him.

He saw her playing pranks on her parents and sisters-in-law, during the past four months.

"Subhadra, if Draupadi is fire you are ice, your smile can cool even the blazing heart. All I feel is you complete my soul, Subhadra."

"I am not asking to marry you for a political alliance between Dwarka and Pandavas, or for Krishna who is silently being a wingman for us, or for anyone that matters. I am asking you to marry me for us, for Arjuna and Subhadra, because you love me. you never stopped loving me. And I love you."