THE WISH

King Mahabhisa entered Bhramaloka, he stood in front of Bhrama who is in meditation. He waited patiently till he open his eyes. 

Bhrama Deva opened his eyes and saw King Mahabhisa standing in front of him with folded hands " Mahabhisa what are you doing here?" asked Bhrama deva." Bhrama deva, what I did in your pooja is wrong and I accept your curse with a whole heart. But..." said King Mahabhisha with hesitation. " Ask me without hesitation" said Bhrama Deva. " Deva I was born as a Kshatriya and I attained moksha as a Kshatriya. And now you gave me a curse to be born as a mortal.  I wish to be born a Kshatriya."

With a calm face, Bhrama said " As you wish, you will be born as a Kshatriya and you will ascend the throne. You will rule your kingdom with just and dharma."  Hearing those words King Mahabhisha's heart was at peace.

King Mahabhisha left Bhramaloka. He looked for Ganga Devi and found her near the banks of her river on earth.

It was twilight, Ganga Devi sat on the grass on her banks, holding a water lily in her hands. With fair skin, long black hair with a fish-shaped eye,wearing a Silver crown and the holiest river of all, she looked like god's most beautiful art. Smitten by her beauty, Mahabhisha stood a little far and looked at her with a heavy heart.

"Still with a heavy heart?" Ganga said without looking at King Mahabhisha. " Oh Devi, if it is not me, you wouldn't have got cursed. On the day of pooja, while everyone is praying, I was looking at you. I couldn't take my eyes off you. Even though everyone says that apsaras are the most beautiful women. You are the most beautiful maiden I have ever seen. And now look, I got both of us cursed. A part of me is happy while thinking that I will be living a life with you, but I am worried ." Ganga Devi got up and looked at King Mahabhisha  " Do not worry so much my king, our life on earth will be a beginning of  an epic story."  said with a smile.

The Ashta Vasus reached the banks of  the Ganges. "Brother, Where will we find Ganga Devi. Looks like she is not here" said Dhruva. "I am here." said Ganga Devi. The Ashta Vasus turned and saw Ganga Devi looking at them. "Devi, we need your help, said Prabhasa. " I know why you are all here, Prabhasa. Do not worry, I will relieve you all of your curses. And Prabhasa I will be with you till you attain Moksha, as your mother."

Prabhasa and others folded their hands. With a smile on her face, Ganga Devi blessed them all and turned into water and merged with her river.

They all staring at the flowing river.  Agni Deva turned to look at his brother Prabhasa. He was standing with a broken heart. He walked towards him and said" Brother, we all be back to our abode once again within a year of our birth on earth. Except you, though we all have separate responsibilities over the elements, we all have always been together. Now knowing that you are not going to be here with us for a long time pains my heart."

Prabhasa put hand on his shoulders, " Do not worry about me brother, I am at peace knowing you all will be back within a year. If you all got the same curse as mine, I couldn't bear the thought of it." said with a pained smile. " Brothers, take care of yourself. And kindly take care of my family. We will be together one day, and I will be waiting for that day." Prabhasa looked at his brothers with a heavy heart and left the place.